HSC - All my own work (1 Viewer)

M

mizanila1

I was wondering if you people have done that lame course about all my own work? Its pretty lame..
Anyway all you have to do is 1 of the modules, print screen, copy it to paint, and change the numbers and fake it.

heres the link:
http://amow.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Did it last year. Waste of my time really. Most of it is just common sense.

cccclaire

HSC
I remember spending about 1 lesson on this.
All I remember was there being crosswords or find-a-words I think.

But apparently we have to do it this year too, which is annoying.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
We did it after the school cert. Biggest waste of an hour EVER.

aiz

HSC
N/A
:eek: principal is threatening to fail our prelim certs if we fail this thing.

i think my school spends 3 days on this thing. =s

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
oh gosh .. we spent so much longer than you guys on this.

they made us do it every 1st and 2nd period for a whole week.

.:. 50x2x5 = 500 minutes = 8.3 hours ROFLS ! ah we suck ..

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
aiz said:
:eek: principal is threatening to fail our prelim certs if we fail this thing.

i think my school spends 3 days on this thing. =s
olol. is it even possible to fail though? just be like, "o why yes I use footnotes and think those free-essay sites are bad" :eek:

m3ltd0wnpt

HSC
yer it is pretty stupid, our school had to do all 5 of the tests? quizes? pretty much common sense, and if by any chance anyone fails.... they would have to do it again...

M

mizanila1

lol
it all depends on how you have to do it.. Its pretty easy really.
A group of my friends did this - they got really good at 1 module, and then they did that module for the rest of their group and vice versa, so they all got 100% in all of them lol

HSC
lol yep did it last yr... took us like 30mins... so pointless.... the answers were like there anyways....

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
took me and some friends about half an hour....... which each did one from down the answers coz it tell u the right answer if u get em wrong..... and just passed em around lmao we had a sub techer that day...... it was more of "All of our own work"

slzybanana

HSC
Wtf? 'All my own work' course?

From 2008 HSC any student enrolled in one or more courses must satisfactorily complete this course.

Program developed to improve the capacity of HSC students to follow principles and practices of good scholarship.

This includes understanding, valuing and using ethical practices when location and using information as part of their HSC program.

Sections are:
- Scholarship principles and practices
- Acknowledging sources
- Plagiarism
- Copyright
- Working With Others

Ok basically, we were informed today that if we don't complete this 'course' on plagiarism and when they say course, they mean an online quiz with ridiculously simple questions like 'Is it ok to rip music off the internet?', that the BoS won't give us our HSC.

You know what I think? What kind of a retard does the BoS take me for? What? This little 'course' i.e. quiz is supposed to improve my scholarship skills? It's gonna stop me downloading music cause it's wrong? I'm gonna go write out a Harvard style bibliography for every source I use? Fuck. Off. If they think this little initiative of theirs is gonna change a thing, the education system really has no hope.

Today, I was even told that a boy who did the test without any studying or any effort got 100% in the online quiz. Does the BoS really think we're stupid enough to put answers like 'Yes' to questions like 'Is it ok to rip music off the internet?' and lose our HSC over this shit? 'If you don't get > 90% in this test, you won't be entitled to your HSC.' You know what this is? it's just plain insulting to our intelligence.

How many of you have been completely honest in your lifetime? How many of you have never copied anything without complete acknowledgement, never downloaded music illegaly, never cheated in a single thing in your lifetime? Adults do it all the time. I'm sure people working in BoS have done that shit in the past and probably are still doing it. They honestly couldn't care less and yet here they are acting like the 'good guys' trying to 'set an example for the younger generation'. My IST teacher last year, handed out textbooks that came with a CD copy of it. You know what he said? 'Well, pretend you didn't hear this, but you might want to burn yourself a copy.' Same happened with maths too. [sarcasm]Wow that's so surprising isnt it? I never would have thought![/sarcasm] I say: Get lost you hypocritical retards.

Lets think logically here. For those who plagiarise, are they going to answer in the quiz honestly and fail their HSC? No. When we put it this way, this course ENCOURAGES people to lie. In fact, I'm going to walk into the library at my school tomorrow, lie the shit out of that test, get 100% and be eligible for my HSC.

Really, what. the. f***? has the education system come to? First, they blocked hotmail + gmail and introduced the DET email accounts + massive information censoring and what did that lead to? A bunch of high school students wasting time trying to get around the system + a lot less work done. My visual design work with photoshop last year was basically halted in its tracks because I couldn't use google images + majority of websites containing the images were blocked. And now, apparently a page on philosophy is categorised as 'gaming/personal use'. Even multiple teachers at my school have admitted that the system is useless and is an obstacle to work. And so, the DET has moved to a new level of idiocy, with this 'All my own work course' You know what it is? It's their way of saying 'Hey! I tried my best! I told you plagiarising is wrong! So now you can't say it was our fault for not warning you!'

'Program developed to improve the capacity of HSC students to follow principles of good scholarship.'

More like an excuse for the egotistic hypocrites of the BoS to say 'We're making a difference in education!' Truth is, they don't give a shit about us, the students. Almost no one does. And so we're forced to endure bullshit like the School's Certificate (not that i did too badly, all band 5s) and BoS policies. I even recall reading a newspaper article last year stating that School's Cert is encouraging people to drop out of schools and should be abolished. The current education system is moving DOWNHILL each year. Thank *** (censored in case i offend christians etc. by misusing ***'s name) that I finish high school at the end of next year. For the Year 7's who have to endure another 5 years of this bs, you have my pity. Really, all you can look forward to are being with your friends who have to stick it out with you. They are your ONLY comrades.

Last edited:
HSC
Re: Wtf? 'All my own work' course?

I read the first paragraph with my complete attention. Then I got sick of it because I realised you were just letting off some steam and making a huge issue out of something which looks fairly innocent. I struggled on, although with less concentration than before. Then I reached the bit where I got sick of reading this trash, and concluded that you are in fact just angry at the world because your mum cut your sandwich into rectangles instead of triangles. Hard life, buy a helmet.

All that said, I did like the bit where you talk about the Board not caring about you. You're right on that one, and why would they? :)

There are a lot of valid reasons for attempting to reinforce in students the importance of the issue of plagiarism; especially those who intend to continue their formal education after the HSC. While you may scoff at the idea of referencing every tiny piece of information now, it will become a reality of life should you somehow find yourself accidentally enrolled in any form of tertiary education. If forced to pick between outraged children rebelling against the man, and group-work scenarios with people at university who do not understand the need for, or process of, referencing, I know which one I would prefer. I also think that the merit in this process would be further reinforced by the corresponding decline in homicide rates within the state.

I suspect that the inclusion of copyright adherence as a theme here is to warn bright sparks against the folly of indulging in piracy utilising school resources, and if anything is intended more as a means of negating liability than it is of changing your behaviours. Once again, this is mirrored in university-delivered material of a similar nature, and arose as a result of a few somewhat embarrassing busts regarding copyrighted material being stored and distributed on campuses.

Of course, being the Board, the approach taken will be heavy-handed, will blur the lines between propaganda and useful information, and will continue to be refined for the next few decades. Oh, and there's the bit where they should make international students do this too, seeing as they don't sit the HSC yet seem to have a *little* bit of trouble with these idea from time to time, but I suppose that's slightly beyond their jurisdiction.

Perhaps, in order to turn this diatribe into something constructive, you could write to the Board and explain your concerns and provide some suggestions for improving the relevance of this fantastic little initiative of theirs. Of course, then you'd have to be fully prepared to deal with them ignoring your ideas, and I'd wager rightfully so. Despite being egotistical hypocrites, hell-bent on sabotaging your education by their wilful ignorance and their fascist approach to the wonders of google image search, I have a sneaking suspicion that they *may* have the benefit of a slightly more broad perspective in making this decision than you do in criticising it.

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A

OK, so the point here is, you need to start downloading illegal music if you haven't started already. It is the only way, and all the 'cool' people are doing it.

beentherdunthat

HSC

I agree with post 3. Start downloading. Do it quick. Illegaly. And Be cool.

I didn't bother to read post 1 and post 2 :p Next time don't write in chunks. People get A.D.D on the internet.

HSC

beentherdunthat said:
I agree with post 3. Start downloading. Do it quick. Illegaly. And Be cool.

I didn't bother to read post 1 and post 2 :p Next time don't write in chunks. People get A.D.D on the internet.
It's intended purely as a reply for the original poster, so you not being able to handle the monolithic task of reading it is a non-issue.

Machie Man

in yr erotic fantasies, y hello thur big boii
HSC
N/A

slzybanana said:
From 2008 HSC any student enrolled in one or more courses must satisfactorily complete this course.

Program developed to improve the capacity of HSC students to follow principles and practices of good scholarship.

This includes understanding, valuing and using ethical practices when location and using information as part of their HSC program.

Sections are:
- Scholarship principles and practices
- Acknowledging sources
- Plagiarism
- Copyright
- Working With Others

Ok basically, we were informed today that if we don't complete this 'course' on plagiarism and when they say course, they mean an online quiz with ridiculously simple questions like 'Is it ok to rip music off the internet?', that the BoS won't give us our HSC.

You know what I think? What kind of a retard does the BoS take me for? What? This little 'course' i.e. quiz is supposed to improve my scholarship skills? It's gonna stop me downloading music cause it's wrong? I'm gonna go write out a Harvard style bibliography for every source I use? Fuck. Off. If they think this little initiative of theirs is gonna change a thing, the education system really has no hope.

Today, I was even told that a boy who did the test without any studying or any effort got 100% in the online quiz. Does the BoS really think we're stupid enough to put answers like 'Yes' to questions like 'Is it ok to rip music off the internet?' and lose our HSC over this shit? 'If you don't get > 90% in this test, you won't be entitled to your HSC.' You know what this is? it's just plain insulting to our intelligence.

How many of you have been completely honest in your lifetime? How many of you have never copied anything without complete acknowledgement, never downloaded music illegaly, never cheated in a single thing in your lifetime? Adults do it all the time. I'm sure people working in BoS have done that shit in the past and probably are still doing it. They honestly couldn't care less and yet here they are acting like the 'good guys' trying to 'set an example for the younger generation'. My IST teacher last year, handed out textbooks that came with a CD copy of it. You know what he said? 'Well, pretend you didn't hear this, but you might want to burn yourself a copy.' Same happened with maths too. [sarcasm]Wow that's so surprising isnt it? I never would have thought![/sarcasm] I say: Get lost you hypocritical retards.

Lets think logically here. For those who plagiarise, are they going to answer in the quiz honestly and fail their HSC? No. When we put it this way, this course ENCOURAGES people to lie. In fact, I'm going to walk into the library at my school tomorrow, lie the shit out of that test, get 100% and be eligible for my HSC.

Really, what. the. f***? has the education system come to? First, they blocked hotmail + gmail and introduced the DET email accounts + massive information censoring and what did that lead to? A bunch of high school students wasting time trying to get around the system + a lot less work done. My visual design work with photoshop last year was basically halted in its tracks because I couldn't use google images + majority of websites containing the images were blocked. And now, apparently a page on philosophy is categorised as 'gaming/personal use'. Even multiple teachers at my school have admitted that the system is useless and is an obstacle to work. And so, the DET has moved to a new level of idiocy, with this 'All my own work course' You know what it is? It's their way of saying 'Hey! I tried my best! I told you plagiarising is wrong! So now you can't say it was our fault for not warning you!'

'Program developed to improve the capacity of HSC students to follow principles of good scholarship.'

More like an excuse for the egotistic hypocrites of the BoS to say 'We're making a difference in education!' Truth is, they don't give a shit about us, the students. Almost no one does. And so we're forced to endure bullshit like the School's Certificate (not that i did too badly, all band 5s) and BoS policies. I even recall reading a newspaper article last year stating that School's Cert is encouraging people to drop out of schools and should be abolished. The current education system is moving DOWNHILL each year. Thank *** (censored in case i offend christians etc. by misusing ***'s name) that I finish high school at the end of next year. For the Year 7's who have to endure another 5 years of this bs, you have my pity. Really, all you can look forward to are being with your friends who have to stick it out with you. They are your ONLY comrades.
AM4ZING.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)