• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC - All my own work (1 Viewer)

Evergreen

HSC
Re: Wtf? 'All my own work' course?

lol just do the test. it only takes like 1hr max to complete all the sections.

cccclaire

HSC

isn't it one of those tests where you have to be an absolute retard to fail?

Just suck it up and sit through the 45 minute test.

iEdd

HSC

I agree with you. At my school, we did this course this year (11) to allow more time for real work in year 12. I think it was mostly done by PE teachers (so you know it will surely be hard :p). Anyway, fortunately it was run during my extension maths lessons so our class has "done it" without having to show up to 20 1-hour sessions - we may have to do said 'quiz' though.

Lumbargo

HSC

On the subject of the BoS and whining about the new internet system, I hear they're changing it from a blacklist - list of sites that are banned - to a whitelist - list of sites that are not banned, instead.

That's from 2 teachers and a student, though, so I dunno.

iEdd

HSC

What? How can they possibly find every educational resource and approve it? I hope it doesn't become one of those shitty "request white-list approval for a website" systems, where you end up being denied a week later because the site is in colour.

slzybanana

HSC
wasting a bit of my time on this course isn't really my problem. it's the part where BoS considers me an unintelligent piece of sh!t. What? Plagiarism in tetiary education? Yeah right. I'm soooooo gonna go and plagiarise when the universities have a program/machine that scans massive portions of the internet. The fact that they take us as morons is what ticks me off. They're willing to suspend someone's HSC if he/she doesn't complete a course so idiotically simplistic, that an 8 year old with the right set of vocab could do. We're being fed crap we already know except on an even simpler level. Just because a lot of people often choose not to obey the rules of good scholarship it means we don't know the rules? We aren't primary schoolers who can't differentiate right from wrong, it's just some choose to do right and others choose wrong. Yet here we are, being spoonfed at such a low level that it's degrading and humiliating.

Last edited:

Evergreen

HSC
maybe passing the test means you know what plagiarism is so then you can be penalised as you know what the guidelines are. so i think that this is the intention of the board of studies.

HSC
slzybanana said:
wasting a bit of my time on this course isn't really my problem. it's the part where BoS considers me an unintelligent piece of sh!t.
The signs are all there.

slzybanana said:
What? Plagiarism in tetiary education? Yeah right. I'm soooooo gonna go and plagiarise when the universities have a program/machine that scans massive portions of the internet.
Well, as I said, it certainly wouldn't be a precedent.

slzybanana said:
The fact that they take us as morons is what ticks me off. They're willing to suspend someone's HSC if he/she doesn't complete a course so idiotically simplistic, that an 8 year old with the right set of vocab could do. We're being fed crap we already know except on an even simpler level.
Throughout your academic career you will be made to jump through arbitrary hoops with little to no *actual* benefit, aside from being able to tick off the box. That's just the way these things go, and it's not even particularly unique to education.

slzybanana said:
Just because a lot of people often choose not to obey the rules of good scholarship it means we don't know the rules?
Like I said, I have experienced people who genuinely *don't* know the rules. Apparently you're not that brand of moron, but I think it's pretty clear that this is a measure implemented so they can say "told you so" when the dumb shits get busted, and isn't intended as an attack upon your massive intellect.

slzybanana said:
We aren't primary schoolers who can't differentiate right from wrong, it's just some choose to do right and others choose wrong. Yet here we are, being spoonfed at such a low level that it's degrading and humiliating.
This one actually made me laugh. When are you not spoonfed in high school exactly? Maybe if you concentrate less on being offended and the Board's audacity and more on being aware that sitting your HSC doesn't put you up there with the Mensa crew, well, you might not get so bent out of shape over something this trivial.

SoMeRaNdOm.

HSC
it seems pretty pointless but i did mine last yr just after the sc n this yrs year 12 only just did this module.

fjnpenguin

HSC
that thing was easy the teacher told us to all the info and i didn't cause i realized that all the questions were common sense. is say it was a waste of time :angry:

F-O-B

HSC
What are you guys on about...

understanding and valuing ethical practices and following the principles of good scholarship is fun fun FUN!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah - but whatever the school makes you do isn't fun. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)