• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC and Family Pressure/Expectations (1 Viewer)

Do u have family expectations to live up to

• Yes (from who in family in particular)

Votes: 115 57.5%
  • No (god i hate u lol jkz lucky people)

Votes: 85 42.5%

• Total voters

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Re: Pressure From Parents

pet0503 said:
My parents are very typical type of asian- korean parents.
I was told that i wasnt allow to go out at all, because this is my HSC year and i have to
study.....:(
They are my main reaason of stresss and its soooo fkn annoying.....
Because all of my friends in South korea has all same routine
Are you serious? My parents are Korean as well. They don't pressure me since they know that I am all organised. Be organised. Don't let them say that you are not working hard enough!

Not all Koreans do not have all same routine. Turst me. I was there til year 8 when I was in one of the most competitive high school. They do work pretty damn hard but most of them would not stay awake til 2 am. Most likely 12 am, I guess.

1. Go to school by 7am - at the latest, 7:20am -

2. Study at school till 5pm (only on mondays) and rest of the week (they go to school
six days a week.) school finishes at 8pm - self study at school. -

3. Come back home and pack your tutor college bag, and go to college.

4. Gets tutor att the college till 2:30am and when they come back, they do their school
hw

5. Same routine

they are expecting me to study till 2am!!!!

College opens at 2:30 am???? That's high unbelievable. Is it some kind of Korean college?

By the way, how much do you study? And they should not expect you to study till 2 am. Your parents should be aware of your body clock and should help you adjusting your timetable according to that. As for me, I am a complete morning person. I wake up at 2 am to work/study. I go to bed at 7 am.

can anyone help me with the study tips?
I haave half yearlys next week and I have to do really well:(!!!!!!!

P.S. I came to australia in 2001 and doing esl!!! hw the hell is this possible?
I didnt pick it up, i picked up Adv.Eng and for my first assess i received 16.5/20
but somehow fkn esl teacher thought my results were below ave (average was 15.5)
dragged me down.
I heard ESL scales you down?!!!!

PM me. I will try looking at your timetable and help you out.

P.S. I came to Australia at the end of 2004 (here for 3 years and a bit more). I am doing Advanced English because I managed to get Band 5 and A at my school. ESL does not neccessarily scale you down. If you perform well, you will get marks for it. ESL has much better scaling than Standard. So, it's not all that bad. However, doing ESL can prove to be a disadvantage when you want to enrol in certain university degree.

poWerdrY

HSC

Muz4PM said:
My parents just want me to do my best. If they know I have been slack, then I think they will be a little cheesed off, but they know I am only hurting myself. I don't get really any pressure from them, I am the one who is putting the pressure on myself and making myself study etc, so they know through my habits that I have not been slack.
thats exactly how my parents are
they have high expectations on me, so i put all the pressure on myself
i really just dont wanna dissappoint them
but they try to pretend that having a low uai is fine
even though i can see through their bluff

michael1990

HSC

I wish my mum would pressure me a little.

She is always just saying, do your're best Michael.

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC

we went into year 12 cause we wanted to, and it shouldn't be because our parents forced us or what not!

My parents don't force it through me..they know that i want to do well and all and thats exactly why i have decided to continue on studying in high school otherwise i would have dropped out long ago!

tashaa

HSC

hairspray said:
my parents dont pressure me. i pressure myself !
thats ssoo true!!... where the ones who put pressure on ourselves, not our parents. Where the ones who are in control of our mental and physical life.

tashaa

HSC

michael1990 said:
I wish my mum would pressure me a little.

She is always just saying, do your're best Michael.
Hey no one can put pressure on you. However if you really feel u need to be pressured then stress urself into working hard and BAM!... theres ur pressure and motivation =] what u think?

michael1990

HSC

tashaa said:
Hey no one can put pressure on you. However if you really feel u need to be pressured then stress urself into working hard and BAM!... theres ur pressure and motivation =] what u think?
Yeah i suppose this is true!

But how do you pressure yourself?

havent you got the mindset your just pressuring yourself?

HSC

I think it's best when parents leave you the shit alone to do whatever you like.

It's the constant nagging tha't annoying, "do your homework...", "FUCK OFF, ILL DO IT AT 3AM AFTER I FINISHED PWNING N00BS".

No, the above scenario did not happen to me. I advise everyone to tell their parents to back off as frequently as tangible.

bao28

HSC

Starcraftmazter said:
I think it's best when parents leave you the shit alone to do whatever you like.

It's the constant nagging tha't annoying, "do your homework...", "FUCK OFF, ILL DO IT AT 3AM AFTER I FINISHED PWNING N00BS".

No, the above scenario did not happen to me. I advise everyone to tell their parents to back off as frequently as tangible.
LOL, the above is happening to me, but i aint telling my parents off, cuz ud prolly hafta visit me in cemetery if i do

life sucks, my parents are pushing me real hard, fucking azn parents, but then now that i have my half yearlies like 2mrw, they are like getting floorboards, yep move all the furniture out into teh garage... dude give me some fucking time to study, not just getting floor boards, they're also like, since we moved all the furniture out lets paint the house too... yep i painted half the house... now im pretty fucked up in english, considering m y brother got some viruses (dno't wana know how on my dual core making it shitter than a single core) so i decide to format, THINKING that i backed-up all my notes i formatted the comp <-- thinking... meaning i didnt,

so i slept at 4 am last night formatting the comp hoping to get it ready for 2mrw,
my cd-drive starts fucking up on me so it took alot longer to format, i woke up at 10am today, drank coffee as thick as milk, the coffee powder was like 1/3 of the cup, lol and im dead tired as shit now.

not only, because i was a fucking piece of lazy shit in year 7-11 never studied at all, my dad makes random phone calls home from work, and most the time i pick up the phone, ( i dun wanna fucking talk to him), he asks what im doing? i say im studying and he does shit like "really" (in canto) and it fucking pisses me off cuz ive been studying for like 8 hours now alrdy

i think im gonna die soon, maybe thats why i ended up here posting my first post.

edit: yesterday i also went out to study wit friends at library, left at 12pm, at 3pm parents call, tells me to stop "playing around" and go home <-- the fuck man...

Last edited:

summerroxxxx

HSC

i get no pressure from parents unless i get below 95% for an assessment then they start to bug me.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC

summerroxxxx said:
i get no pressure from parents unless i get below 95% for an assessment then they start to bug me.
That's like a textbook definition of pressure.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC

summerroxxxx said:
lol its true though
Thats huge pressure.
My parents are like, errg go to a party or something.

This might seem rude/rascist but i mean nothing derogatry by it, but are you asian?

summerroxxxx

HSC

risole91 said:
Thats huge pressure.
My parents are like, errg go to a party or something.

This might seem rude/rascist but i mean nothing derogatry by it, but are you asian?
no? i wish i was though!!!id b even smarter. my parents are crzy about my study but they give me rewards for the marks i get. i wish my parents were laid back like others.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC

summerroxxxx said:
no? i wish i was though!!!id b even smarter. my parents are crzy about my study but they give me rewards for the marks i get. i wish my parents were laid back like others.
lol, it was just a question.
yeah, it would be sweet.

i caught a taxi home from the easter show and the taxi driver goes ( he was asian )

'I tell my daughter, she study law or medicine, now she study law' he said it very seriously, i was like wow.

how much pressure do some people actually have on them.

summerroxxxx

HSC

risole91 said:
lol, it was just a question.
yeah, it would be sweet.

i caught a taxi home from the easter show and the taxi driver goes ( he was asian )

'I tell my daughter, she study law or medicine, now she study law' he said it very seriously, i was like wow.

how much pressure do some people actually have on them.
lol hahahaha wat nat r u? asian? :)

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC

summerroxxxx said:
lol hahahaha wat nat r u? asian? :)
Know im not, im Aussie lol

But im just saying, although it sounds stereotypical, asians seem to have much more pressure on them then other nationalities.

summerroxxxx

HSC

risole91 said:
Know im not, im Aussie lol

But im just saying, although it sounds stereotypical, asians seem to have much more pressure on them then other nationalities.
me 2, true i have 2 vietnamese friends which are like stuck home all day only let ppl come over for study :), but i guess its good for them? lol.

Zrap

glock9
HSC

I got 50 bucks for getting an award at school sooooo
suck my balls and serve me a milkshake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)