Hsc bio better than prelim bio? (1 Viewer)

11MX11

HSC
Is the hsc bio better than the prelim bio. I respect biology as a great subject, but i noticed that the hsc bio topics are so much better than the prelim topics.
Can i have some other opinions?

random-1006

Banned
HSC
Is the hsc bio better than the prelim bio. I respect biology as a great subject, but i noticed that the hsc bio topics are so much better than the prelim topics.
Can i have some other opinions?

i didnt like prelim bio, the first topic for prelim is a complete joke, i dont want to count beans or do some stupid experiment about the colours of matches and natural selection, that shits boring , also i wanted some free lessons. I wanted to get onto diseases and that content, and my school wasnt going to do genetics option, so i dropped it for hsc

Last edited:

youandmexo

HSC
yep they really are. i think most people that did bio for the hsc will tell you that.
prelim bio is total shit. they should change the syllabus for it because so many people drop it because of prelim. i know i almost did. dont worry, hsc gets much much better!

omnipotent

HSC
Although it does get better, if you do physics or chem it will seem a bit dull in comparison.
Thankfully I have a good teacher who keeps it interesting and I probably would've gotten bored and dropped it if I didn't.
If you have a good teacher you'll find the HSC course really interesting at times. If you don't, Khanacademy is always fun to learn off

Last edited:

sinophile3

HSC
If you don't need bio for uni you can just sleep through all your prelim bio classes. Only a handful of facts are needed from prelim to understand HSC. Thats what I did and I got like 92 or something for biology in my hsc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)