HSC biology pracs,how do I study them? (1 Viewer)

Rawf

HSC
I dropped bio half way through year 12, but this is what I did for chemistry:
Print out the syllabus, circle all the 'first hand investigation' dot points.
Open up a word document, type up all your practicals (methods, risk assessment/safety issues, accuracy/validity/reliability). Make sure you're precise with everything ie. 5mL, 2g, electronic balance etc.
Then print it out and memorise it. Also you should include diagrams/remember how to draw them.

Aysce

HSC
I dropped bio half way through year 12, but this is what I did for chemistry:
Print out the syllabus, circle all the 'first hand investigation' dot points.
Open up a word document, type up all your practicals (methods, risk assessment/safety issues, accuracy/validity/reliability). Make sure you're precise with everything ie. 5mL, 2g, electronic balance etc.
Then print it out and memorise it. Also you should include diagrams/remember how to draw them.
This is exactly what you need to do. Also identify the independent, dependent and controlled variables.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Personally I found that if you have an avid understanding of independent, dependent, reliabiliy, validity etc. that is better than trying to rote the experiment. Of course, memorise generally what you do, but you should devlop an intuition to write a risk assessments, equipment list, hypothesis etc.

I find this is important, as sometimes Qs will give you equipment to design an experiment or show you an experiment and expect you to interpret it.

Don't neglect the RHS dotpoints, but you don't have to rote everything in bio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)