HSC Business Studies Exam Thoughts: (1 Viewer)

gallen88

HSC
Hey everyone,

Good luck with the paper today! Let us know your thoughts about the paper below. : )

HoldingOn

HSC
Easy paper but.....

For the last short answer question I used a new booklet. I wrote the question number on the front and wrote on the last page of the extra writing paper see next booklet but then forgot to label the booklet on the blue sheet. So I just recorded 1 booklet for the short answers. Will they see this and mark it? Or will the booklet just get thrown out. It will only cost me 1 mark since I wrote three lines but it’s just for piece of mind....

Ahmed217

HSC
Good paper. Essay questions were pretty specific again though (globalisation).

gallen88

HSC
Easy paper but.....

For the last short answer question I used a new booklet. I wrote the question number on the front and wrote on the last page of the extra writing paper see next booklet but then forgot to label the booklet on the blue sheet. So I just recorded 1 booklet for the short answers. Will they see this and mark it? Or will the booklet just get thrown out. It will only cost me 1 mark since I wrote three lines but it’s just for piece of mind....
I do agree though the multiple choice were better than previous years which is good and short answers wasn't too bad either.

In relation to your situation, I think if you handed up the booklet that will be okay. I don't think they will throw it out since you wrote "see next booklet" underneath the question (that would've been handed up with your short answer writing booklet) which will have the rest of what you wrote for 24c too. Also if you wrote down on the spare booklet that you used "Section II" or "24c" and filled out your BOS and centre number too you should be fine. I highly doubt they will oversee it.

P.S. Damn dude, you seem to be smashing all your papers good job!

HoldingOn

HSC
I do agree though the multiple choice were better than previous years which is good and short answers wasn't too bad either.

In relation to your situation, I think if you handed up the booklet that will be okay. I don't think they will throw it out since you wrote "see next booklet" underneath the question (that would've been handed up with your short answer writing booklet) which will have the rest of what you wrote for 24c too. Also if you wrote down on the spare booklet that you used "Section II" or "24c" and filled out your BOS and centre number too you should be fine. I highly doubt they will oversee it.

P.S. Damn dude, you seem to be smashing all your papers good job!
Thanks! Hope this is the case. Yeah multis were too bad usually they have a few tricky/ vague questions which you are torn on but I didn’t think so this year.

fgbh

HSC
hey guys

if anyone did the extended response question on global influences of financial markets .. would the i talked about the exchange rate which is availability of funds can anyone tell if that is right?
thanks guys

Metah20

HSC
What did everyone get for MC question on marketing influences, the food that may damage health one?

gallen88

HSC
Global Influences on Financial Markets are:
- Global Economic Outlook
- Availability of Funds
- Interest/Exchange Rates
- AND GLOBAL FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT!

I think you have answered the question correctly : )

P.S. I do apologise to other individuals who were stressing out about the question. : (

Last edited:

fgbh

HSC
okay thanks!! because i was looking at the business syllabus and and exchange rates wasn't listed on global influences so i got abit scared

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Metah20

HSC
How did everyone answer that situational analysis question in short answer? Was abit confused on how to answer it

eddydundee

HSC
I just stated how if they were to expand to Europe, their strength of having a loyal audience would be infleunced by other markets with different behavioural, socio-cultural etc influences that will impact upon the ways that they view the product. Therefore the business is removing their strength for and opportunity to expand into wider markets.
The threat of a shrinking Australian market will have been eliminated from the business's threats and the opportunity to expand as they sell in foreign countries may lead to positive business performance
I said some more but totally forgot the others.

eddydundee

HSC
^ ok, so many grammatical errors there, sorry, running on absolutely no sleep from business study, gonna log off now xx

parallaxd12

HSC
Global Influences on Financial Markets are:
- Global Economic Outlook
- Availability of Funds
- Interest/Exchange Rates
- Any others if you added any OP.

I think you have answered the question correctly : )
Whattttt? I talked about the global financial management part of the syllabus and I know other people did too, is that wrong?

HoldingOn

HSC
Whattttt? I talked about the global financial management part of the syllabus and I know other people did too, is that wrong?
I did both. How they are influenced by interest rates, economic outlook etc. and then create strategies as a result of this influence and talked about exchange rates, hedging, derivatives and methods of international payment.

fgbh

HSC
if you take a look on the business syllabus under 'global financial influences' its economic outlook, availability of funds and interest rates. hedging, derivatives are financial stategies

derrythkl

HSC
N/A
for the extended response of global financial influences.. i forgot to talk about the availability of funds but i wrote a paragraph on exchange rates, interest rates and economic conditions only .. and the exchange rates isnt on the syllabus so im abit scard can anyone confirm if this is correct??

ps. how did much did you guys write the HR fast burgers because i didnt finish on time and only wrote like 70 words for each strategy.. was wondering how many words u guys wrote

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone want to impress me with their meme creating ability?

gallen88

HSC
At parallaxd12, that would also be correct because that's under influences too. I just forgot to add that point because I'm a bit tired and forgot (however, that doesn't excuse the forgetfulness). Sorry about that!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)