HSC Chemistry Exam Solutions / Thoughts (1 Viewer)

worldno17

HSC
N/A
like ideally you would talk about both, like defining why the conductometric titration occurs (due to moving mobile charges etc) and explain why it's the shape it is (like u have ions in solution at first making good conductivity, then reduces due to neutralisation of hydronium and hydroxide, then goes up due to excess h+ and cl-)
Wasn't Ba(OH)2 being added? So it'd be excess Ba2+ and OH- towards the end? HCl was already in the flask.

Arrowshaft

HSC
I said Ba2+ would be less noticeable tho since it is heavier and slower

Arrowshaft

HSC
Is everyone here done with HSC or not? I still have physics to go :(

Hithcock

HSC
Probably physics, if you put effort into understanding the content it’s really rewarding😁. Unlike English of course.

Arrowshaft

HSC
Probably physics, if you put effort into understanding the content it’s really rewarding😁. Unlike English of course.
Haha ikr, screw english. My strongest science subject is probably physics as well :)

CarbonMini

HSC
Wait so if u get a raw mark of like 85 does that align to a band 6??? Im so confused.. can someone explain pls???

flowerp

HSC
N/A
Wait so if u get a raw mark of like 85 does that align to a band 6??? Im so confused.. can someone explain pls???
Yep! Hopefully that will be the case this year - it all comes down to how well the state performs. The better they perform the higher the raw mark needed for a b6

greetings

HSC
An E4/Band 6 cutoff is the minimum RAW mark required to get an aligned mark of 90 in the subject.
https://rawmarks.info/science/chemistry/
This website shares the raw marks from past years. The band 6 cutoff is usually 82-83 but it depends on the cohort's performance and difficulty of the exam.
However, with our new syllabus this year, we'd expect a slightly lower raw mark since we've had less exam study materials but the test wasn't too difficult so maybe 83?

Idkwhattoput

HSC
Uni Grad
Am I the only person that thinks the cutoff will be really high? It seems to me that the only thing that really makes chem tests hard is extended responses (which it lacked in), and most people seem to agree that this test was pretty easy. I feel like the cutoff will be high 80s (but I hope im wrong because I think I got low 80s). Its really worrying me how easy everyone in the state found the exam.

mazeii

HSC
Also - does anyone know roughly what state rank will be?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)