HSC Chemistry Exam Solutions / Thoughts (1 Viewer)

worldno17

HSC
N/A
What did people put for last mcq? Also, i got effective for Cu2+, ineffective for Pb2+.

flowerp

HSC
N/A
Oxidation and addition of sodium carbonate powder. Whichever bubbles contains aldehyde as it wouldve oxidised to a carboxyllic acid releasing co2
I remembered the carbonated method after I wrote my response but didn’t have time to change my answer - ugghh hopefully litmus will still be accepted!

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Can u use blue litmus paper? I was initially going to put co2 effervescence with carbonate but changed it last minute.
Maybe they will allow you to use that as a test, but technically in real life the litmus paper would be useless because for an oxidation reaction you use the strong oxidising agent which is acidified. So the reason it might change to red is because you just added the acidified oxidising agent already. Not sure how much they want you to actually think about things but using litmus paper is a valid test for an acid but maybe not in this situation

worldno17

HSC
N/A
Same, I got C for last mcq.
People on HSC fb discussion group are saying that there was a typo for the ethanol heat of combustion question??

Balajanovski

HSC
Easy paper. Good fun. Lots of calculations and the reaction pathways was fun.
What did you guys write for the identification tests for the last question?

Arrowshaft

HSC
I think you're likely wrong Arrowshaft. I don't remember my values but I got effective for Cu ineffective for Pb as well. Same for everyone at my school that I talked to.
Hmm, yeah probs. Hopefully dont lose too many marks then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)