HSC Chemistry Exam Solutions / Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Arrowshaft

HSC
oh nah i don't think it was acetic, the acids in the reaction were hf and cf3cooh. i just can't remember which one was ionising on the LHS or the value of Keq so can't figure out the full answer rn. :(
i'm just procrastinating on phys hahaha (since it hasn't counted for me in my past atar estimates ;-; i'm still trying though!!!)
How are you feeling for physics?

Jendeukie

HSC
N/A
now ur seriously making me doubt my memory HAHA, can the paper pls be released ;-; nesa will probs release it next mon.
I meant HF on the left OMG and don’t worry! I might not be good at Chem but my friends are and it’s kinda sad we all reasoned wrong LMAO. If you remember the acid as CF, undoubtedly that is a stronger acid regardless of what else is in the question.

Now, no more procrastinating for physics! My friends happen to have it too, I’m rooting for all of you, study hard :)

akaalfauj

HSC
For the last question I don’t remember if it wrote down the name of the products formed but I had equations for each step

Jendeukie

HSC
N/A
omg y'all i just realised matrix releases all solutions on their blog lol. thought it was just bio but nah maths, chemistry, everything

chem is not out yet, seems they're gonna release solutions once NESA uploads the paper?
but yeah, i guess we can stop thinking over everything cause we'll have formal solutions in a few days

dumbfuck

HSC
N/A
didn't have enough equations nor the tests for each product such as the ester having a sweet smell or whatever
literally got 45% in trials (didn't study mod 8 nor half of mod 7), only 10 people passed, hoping I manage 65+ raw
Is the paper out officially by NESA or any leaked copies?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
didn't have enough equations nor the tests for each product such as the ester having a sweet smell or whatever
literally got 45% in trials (didn't study mod 8 nor half of mod 7), only 10 people passed, hoping I manage 65+ raw
Is the paper out officially by NESA or any leaked copies?
Not out yet probably come out Monday I would say cause I don't think they will upload on the weekend

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys I have access to the paper now. Please do NOT ask me for a copy or where I got it from, I cannot say. I currently have tutoring till 7:30 pm. But I have done some of the solutions I will upload them all by 10 pm :)

You can find the solutions on the first post of this forum

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry guys for taking long its hard to type up solutions on computer hahah takes time. All multiple choice is done

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Another thing I will provide rough marking guidelines to how I would mark it but please understand this is not 100% reflective of how NESA will mark, as they may have their own requirements

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Lol sorry another note, also please understand some of these answers may be way more detail than you need. As because I am uni student doing Chem and also Chem tutor these answers you can basically regard as what you are looking for a state rank standard

Idkwhattoput

HSC
Uni Grad
For 21c, I wrote about the permanganate test, but I didn't talk about confirming it using sodium carbonate. Do we actually need the sodium carbonate test aswell?

Jendeukie

HSC
N/A
Sorry guys for taking long its hard to type up solutions on computer hahah takes time. All multiple choice is done
Omg thank you!
Early MCQ whew I can finally look over everything and stop stressing

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
For 21c, I wrote about the permanganate test, but I didn't talk about confirming it using sodium carbonate. Do we actually need the sodium carbonate test aswell?
It depends on your observation. If you said the permanaganate changes colour from purple to colourless that is fine

Idkwhattoput

HSC
Uni Grad
For 23 b, could you say to make the flame closer to the beaker to minimise heat loss? I feel like I've also seen it in a past paper, but that's what I wrote
Edit: I now realise you included this, but I didn't explicity mention HOW you would make the flame closer. I just said to move it closer to the beaker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)