HSC exam 2013: prediction for eng adv paper 2 (mods) speeches (1 Viewer)

kelster

HSC
In these past recent years the BOS has begun specifying certain speeches for the eng adv (paper 2) exam: critical study of texts.
(making it harder for us cause we have to have moderate knowledge on all of them...)

so my question is, what do you guys think this years specified speech might be?????

*note:
> 2011 exam-Aung san suu kyi "keynote address at the Beijing world conference on women" specified
> 2012 exam-Faith Bandler "faith, hope and reconciliation" specified

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I'm leaning towards either Pearson or Sadat.
But yes, as a troll, they might just put Deane. Goddammit.
But Deane isn't too hard to BS, depends on if the question specifies values.

What are you using as your main solid speech?

pananda

HSC
Got a feeling it might be Sadat - what with the stuff happening in Egypt and all, it'd be good to relate to... but dunno.. are you guys using 2 or 3 speeches in base essay? or freehanding with knowledge of all of them during??

Webbi

HSC
If anyone could offer advice on how to appraoch answering a question for this, thatd be great! I was kinda hoping the specified speech would either be Atwood or Keating. Either one, and then I use the other for a related text.

superSAIyan2

HSC
Im positive that Deane, Suu Kyi and Bandler wont be specified. Probably Keating (20yr anniversary) or Sadat (hope not, i havent read this)

Web Addict

HSC
Hopefully, the Board of Studies won't specific Atwood's speech. It's so boring.

Webbi

HSC
Yeah I'm positive that Suu Kyi and Bandler's speech won't be specified. Just out of curiosity, what makes you think Deane won't be? Only because I haven't seen that one specified before in any past papers? Thanks :)

Web Addict

HSC
I reckon it will be. If it is, do we have to link it with Bandler? I'd prefer just to us Suu Kyi - I feel like I know hers heaps good...
You can link Pearon's speech with Keating's speech. That way, you can know two speeches that they might ask, therefore you only need to write one more essay with Atwood and Sadat's speeches.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Gah, I'm gonna cry if it's Pearson. Either way I will weakly link it to Atwood, because that is strongest.

Strongest so far is: Sadat, Atwood, Suu-Kyi
Irrelevant: Bandler, Suu-Kyi (nek minnit)
Don't know: Pearson, Keating
Stupid: Deane

superSAIyan2

HSC
Yeah I'm positive that Suu Kyi and Bandler's speech won't be specified. Just out of curiosity, what makes you think Deane won't be? Only because I haven't seen that one specified before in any past papers? Thanks :)
Deane seems to basic, theres limited analysis that you can have. Also if 30000+ people writing about Deane will probably make all the essays seem similar.
But this is just my opinion. There is always a possibility he might be asked.

such_such

HSC
Probably a male speech since the previous 2 have been female. Defs Sadat or Keating due to what's happening in the world recently + 20 yr anniversity respectively! But BOS is random so they chuck a Pearson or Deane (sigh)

Hila

HSC
I think last year they chucked out Bandler cause it was an anniversary as well so there is a good chance they might pick Keating for the same reason!! I will be SOOO HAPPY!!

Hila

HSC
Gah, I'm gonna cry if it's Pearson. Either way I will weakly link it to Atwood, because that is strongest.

Strongest so far is: Sadat, Atwood, Suu-Kyi
Irrelevant: Bandler, Suu-Kyi (nek minnit)
Don't know: Pearson, Keating
Stupid: Deane
I'll be crying with you if its Pearson

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)