HSC Extension 1 Mathematics Predictions / Thoughts (1 Viewer)

black.mamba

HSC
I think you should. I did the same thing :(.
lol reesponding like we didn’t already talk about this in real life

but yeah wjm said lots of people will get 2 so I’m pretty sure we should get 2/3, 1 is unnecessarily harsh

shashysha

HSC
e4 cutoff predictions? honestly think it’ll be ~56/70 which might even be better aligning than 4u

black.mamba

HSC
god fcking dammit nesa are a bunch of sadistic psychopathic mother fcking asses i hope they choke on a peepee stupid idiots what the fck was that exam THEY WERE ABLE TO INCLUDE FCKING PIGEON HOLE THEORY BUT NO PROJECTILE? OH, AND I SWEAR TO GOD THEY BETTER WATCH OUT BEFORE I SHOVE COMBS AND PERMS AND BINOMIAL SO FAR UP THEIR ASS AND WHAT THE HELL WAS 25PI/18 WHERE THE SHIZ DID THEY GET THAT FROM WHAT HAPPENED TO 13PI/18 MAY ALLAH BRING DEATH UPON THOSE WHO WORK AT NESA.
sin 13pi/18 = sin 5pi/18
sin 17pi/18 = sin pi/18
Sin 25pi/18 is different to the other two
Therefore the three distinct roots of sin pi/18 sin 5pi/18 sin 25pi/18 ( only 3 roots as it is cubic)

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
god fcking dammit nesa are a bunch of sadistic psychopathic mother fcking asses i hope they choke on a peepee stupid idiots what the fck was that exam THEY WERE ABLE TO INCLUDE FCKING PIGEON HOLE THEORY BUT NO PROJECTILE? OH, AND I SWEAR TO GOD THEY BETTER WATCH OUT BEFORE I SHOVE COMBS AND PERMS AND BINOMIAL SO FAR UP THEIR ASS AND WHAT THE HELL WAS 25PI/18 WHERE THE SHIZ DID THEY GET THAT FROM WHAT HAPPENED TO 13PI/18 MAY ALLAH BRING DEATH UPON THOSE WHO WORK AT NESA.
No point in wishing death to NESA employees. Everything they asked comes straight from the syllabus. It's not their fault if you weren't prepared for the Pigeon Hole principle. Own your mistakes and realize this is just one exam. Prepare as well as you can now for the rest of them so you don't make the same mistakes.

I suggest not mulling over it. Ext 1 scales really well so it will probably have a positive affect on your atar even if you screw up some questions. Focus on your upcoming exams so you can give it your best shot! All the best.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
no. im going to go die in a hole.
You'll be fine! Sit down have a breather. Calm down and realize your HSC isn't ruined. Listen to some relaxing or motivational music and you'll get right back on the train of the HSC.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
also who tf said i wasn't prepared for pigeon hole, i just hate pigeon hole, doesn't mean idk how to do it. let me get angry off pls
I'm saying there's no point in that. If your going to be soo angry your attention is gonna be diverted. Concentrating on your upcoming exams will be harder. Being upset is fine everyone gets upset but being unnecessarily angry at NESA over something ain't good and it can impact you as I've said above. I've seen it happen so I suggest trying to calm yourself down..

thomson2354

HSC
How many marks was that question 14 q where u had to prove the trig function =0 and then use that cubic equation to prove sin3theta=1/2 (that was the only part of that question I'm confident I got full marks in RIP)

black.mamba

HSC
How many marks was that question 14 q where u had to prove the trig function =0 and then use that cubic equation to prove sin3theta=1/2 (that was the only part of that question I'm confident I got full marks in RIP)
part i and ii were 2 and part iii was 3

Time&moretime

HSC
I am not the best at maths but for the last part of question 13, involving f(x) and g(x) for both part (a) and (b) I used the same method, as if f(x)=g(x) then surely the derivatives of both functions can assumed to be equal.
Note: 1) I may have read the question wrong.
2.) The method I used just simply involved drawing a triangle for tan( cos^-1(x))

Xanthi

HSC
I am not the best at maths but for the last part of question 13, involving f(x) and g(x) for both part (a) and (b) I used the same method, as if f(x)=g(x) then surely the derivatives of both functions can assumed to be equal.
Note: 1) I may have read the question wrong.
2.) The method I used just simply involved drawing a triangle for tan( cos^-1(x))
Wow, that is actually a nice method.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)