HSC General Maths Marathon (2 Viewers)

DJ696

HSC
Yea pretty much, just going over chapter reviews to make sure I know how to answer every possible question thrown at us. How about you?
I know all of the topics, just did past papers did average :/ gonna review some more and to know all :)

rednellav

HSC
Anyone know how the hell to do mine up there?

edit: Shelley invests her savings in an account. The account pays 8% p.a. interest compounding quarterly.

After how many years will Shelley's investment double in value?

Also, opinions on actually bringing a highlighter in? Do you guys think it'd take up too much time?

moocow920

HSC
Anyone know how the hell to do mine up there?

edit: Shelley invests her savings in an account. The account pays 8% p.a. interest compounding quarterly.

After how many years will Shelley's investment double in value?

Also, opinions on actually bringing a highlighter in? Do you guys think it'd take up too much time?
Ive done the shelley question but cannot for the life of me remember how to do it, equation solver? making x her original investment and 2x her present of the annuity?

Don't know about yours but our supervisors go mental if they even see a highlighter because it doesn't get picked up by the scanner or something?

sarahabc123

HSC
N/A
just did 2012, 2011 and 2009 past paper :) did reasonably average, but multiple choice always loses marks there :(
Oh wow, just about to start 2009 past paper again :) yeah m.c can be a pain but at least they are only worth 1 mark! My silly mistakes are often in the short answer questions, one mistake and bam everything else is stuffed :(

sarahabc123

HSC
N/A
Ive done the shelley question but cannot for the life of me remember how to do it, equation solver? making x her original investment and 2x her present of the annuity?

Don't know about yours but our supervisors go mental if they even see a highlighter because it doesn't get picked up by the scanner or something?
Oh I remember doing this question too.. Though wouldn't you use the compound formula ? P(1+r)^n ?

DJ696

HSC
Oh wow, just about to start 2009 past paper again :) yeah m.c can be a pain but at least they are only worth 1 mark! My silly mistakes are often in the short answer questions, one mistake and bam everything else is stuffed :(
did the 2009 paper yesterday, MC is so worded ! I got 16/22 for MC and overall 81/100 :(

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC
Marco is a mob boss who needs $50000 to purchase firearms imported by an organisation which does not need to be named. The manager of a bank has agreed to an interest rate of 36% compounded monthly, the way Marco got the manager of the bank to agree to this large rate is not important, but what is important is that Marco invests $15000. How many months is it until Marco's investment has grown enough to purchase the firearms?

rednellav

HSC
Yeah, answer for the Shelley question is 9. Anyone mind running me through their logic? I'm guessing it's a logarithmic question like said up there^?

Also, dat year 11 stuff. Capture re-capture, dividend yield, types of data, types of surveys... anything else to remember?

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC
Yeah, answer for the Shelley question is 9. Anyone mind running me through their logic? I'm guessing it's a logarithmic question like said up there^?

Also, dat year 11 stuff. Capture re-capture, dividend yield, types of data, types of surveys... anything else to remember?

Then divide by 4 to change to years as it is compounded quarterly.

Last edited:

DancingAnz

HSC
I need DESPERATE HELP with financial expectation! I've attached the question and my working and I can't figure out what i'm doing wrong? I was out of class the lessons we did this so i've mostly taught it to myself...

Screen Shot 2013-10-21 at 12.52.37 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-10-21 at 12.52.49 PM.jpg

sarahabc123

HSC
N/A
did the 2009 paper yesterday, MC is so worded ! I got 16/22 for MC and overall 81/100 :(
Just finished doing it.. I found MC alright, got 20/22 but short questions were t.e.r.r.i.b.l.e :( overall got 80/100 ! I thought the whole paper was worded :L

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)