HSC Geography Notes and Skills (1 Viewer)

Existential

HSC
N/A
Not many ppl do this course who have BoS, but if you do:

1. How are you summarising notes? Case studies + content or just case studies?

2. How are you dealing with skills at school? Do you know a good Geo skills textbook?

party

HSC
1. Well my teacher gives us all the notes for each topic, however i do go back and read the book again and also do my own notes for me to understand. For the case study, learning the main things such as traditional and contemporary managment of the eosystem, human impacts and biophyical interaction. Is the most important.

2. Also with skills, the thing with them is the more you do the better you will get. I took the skills book from school, which they gives us to use, however i think the excel HSC geography had many skill questions. :)

Existential

HSC
N/A
Thankyou for your comment ~ just a few supplementary questions :)
however i do go back and read the book again and also do my own notes for me to understand
What is this book called?
Also with skills, the thing with them is the more you do the better you will get. I took the skills book from school, which they gives us to use :)
What is this book called?

party

HSC
Just use the one the school have you , if you think you need more infromation then buy the Macquarie HSC gerography one, it also has work on skill questions. Then again if you need more work on skills get the excel HSC geography.

Sorry about the late relpy :)

Existential

HSC
N/A
Its annoying that the only main modern hsc geography books are Macquarie and Excel - only 2. -_-

Thanks for your reply - the point i was making was that these books integrate the skills through the topics. A book just devoted to skills, or one that segregates skills, would be nice.

FTW

HSC
My teacher wants us to integrate case studies into our theory notes.

Also if you ask your teacher for skills work, they should have some.

Readaholic

HSC
Uni Grad
My friend and I are basically teaching the course to ourselves so any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated! Macmillan is our school textbook with Kleeman's Australian Geography for skills. I've also used Macquarie when making my notes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)