HSC Graduates ! HSCyaLater :D (1 Viewer)

antounbros

HSC
Graduates of the HSC, from the feeling you have after completing your exams, what was your atar aim, and what do you think your going to get ?

Be realistic, and lets see who actually believes that accomplished their atar goals ! :D

emilios

HSC
still have physics on tomorrow but i'm on my break so i'll have a crack

atar aim was - 99.60
feelings after walking out of exams:
english advanced - quite good, but then realising i was ranked second in the course and everyone else in my cohort (including the guy coming first) thinking they did bad made me feel pretty shit tbh. hoping i can scrape a band 6 for this.
MX2 - devastated. after checking solutions i'm looking at a 91-93 external when i was capable i pulling a 96. but the good news is i'm ranked first and another guy thinks he pulled a 96.
Eco - one of the better ones. my essays on the day weren't the best i've ever produced but the q's were a bit curveball anyway. hoping for a 93-94
Chem - pretty ambivalent. i knew how to answer all the q's but ended up having to rush two 7 markers. also realised i got a MC wrong and lost 3 marks on a calculation. hoping for a 91-92 HSC mark but this one has the most potential to dick me over
3U: did great. disappointed that i made a couple sillies but i think i pulled a 64-65/70 according to solutions.
Physics: TBA

ATAR Expectations now: honestly the uncertainty here is massive. anywhere in the range of like 96-99.60 depending mostly on english and chem. hopefully i can just put everything aside after tomorrow and go and enjoy life coz i'm over it honestly.

Smooth Operator

HSC
ATAR Aim 96+

Hmmm, mixed feelings after the exams. I overall thought I'd feel a bit better coming out of them.
I was happy with Business, Economics and Modern and to a fair extent Legal. My rankings are great so hopefully that'll go down well.
After the exams are done now I'm probably expecting 95-96 ATAR, we'll see. :)
Can't be thinking too much about the 'could have, would have, should have.'

fatima96

HSC
Aiming 92. Dont even think ill be getting 88 right now. English and physics are going to destroy my atar haha

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
Be realistic, and lets see who actually believes that accomplished their atar goals ! :D
I my ATAR aim prior to the exams was around 80ish... After the exams gg, probably a 68 (which is okayyy). Many people seem to set a high ATAR before their HSC exams, and was they approach and complete them, they feel as if they haven't completed it to a higher standard. All I can do, it sit back and wait for judgement day (Dec 17th) lel. gl to everyone still doing their exams!

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm hoping for 82+ though with my minimal preparation I think 78+

CAFS - eh okay. Questions were horribly worded. I probably just scraped a band 6. I will settle for anything above 83.

Hospitality - it was cool. I'll most likely lose marks for my option. I'm thinking 88+ will be happy with anything above 84.

Adv eng - I though the questions were okay. Module C - fiftieth gate was a downer and my hamlet essay will prob scrape a 17-18. 6 marker unseen was horrible. I'm thinking a 86, will be happy with anything above 82.

Society - have yet to do. Will report back at 4:01pm tomorrow. Expecting a 91-93. Will settle for anything above 85.

Science Snr - lost 3 marks in mc. Questions weren't too hard. I'm looking at 82-86. Happy with anything above 82.

Gen maths - disaster. Absolute disaster. 50-53. Happy with anything above 46.

Overall: desire an atar of 82+, but will settle for an 80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

britaker

HSC
Anywhere from 97.5 - 98.5. Realistically I'm hoping for 97.95ish, anything in the 98s would make me pretty ecstatic. Above 98.2 and I might just die of happiness :D

Depends on how Chem and Bio went, I guess. I don't feel I went particularly badly, but I've heard of the infamous marking criteria xD

Brad727

HSC
Was hoping for 91 for aeronautical engineering.
Estimate probs like high 60's-70's gg/wp.

Hi_

HSC
still have physics on tomorrow but i'm on my break so i'll have a crack

atar aim was - 99.60
feelings after walking out of exams:
english advanced - quite good, but then realising i was ranked second in the course and everyone else in my cohort (including the guy coming first) thinking they did bad made me feel pretty shit tbh. hoping i can scrape a band 6 for this.
MX2 - devastated. after checking solutions i'm looking at a 91-93 external when i was capable i pulling a 96. but the good news is i'm ranked first and another guy thinks he pulled a 96.
Eco - one of the better ones. my essays on the day weren't the best i've ever produced but the q's were a bit curveball anyway. hoping for a 93-94
Chem - pretty ambivalent. i knew how to answer all the q's but ended up having to rush two 7 markers. also realised i got a MC wrong and lost 3 marks on a calculation. hoping for a 91-92 HSC mark but this one has the most potential to dick me over
3U: did great. disappointed that i made a couple sillies but i think i pulled a 64-65/70 according to solutions.
Physics: TBA

ATAR Expectations now: honestly the uncertainty here is massive. anywhere in the range of like 96-99.60 depending mostly on english and chem. hopefully i can just put everything aside after tomorrow and go and enjoy life coz i'm over it honestly.
Similar thing for me. Except in English wishing for 84- again depends on marker. Except in 4u, I wish I get 97-98. I think, I did good at chem, included everything and didn't lose any in mc. Hoping physics can give a great end. But dont do eco. Dunno about atar. Cant say. All depends on marking criteria.

Verify

HSC
Was hoping for 95+ in the beginning of the year
Eng - I was happy with my performance in both papers. Hoping for just under 90 overall - b6 and I would cry from happiness.
Ancient - happy again with my performance externally. I may have screwed up personality but I should still be able to salvage a mid b5. I'd be content with that mark.
Modern - Again happy with performance. However in the conflict section I made up a lot of BS so that's going to drag me down. But hope my other sections make up for it because I thought it was very good. Hoping to achieve high b5 - b6 and will streak at the next footy game.
MX1 - Decent. Couldn't get the final probability one but I think I'll get e4.
MX2 - This one was total fuckery. I don't even know man. My mark could range anywhere between low e3 and high e3. Will have to see.

Conclusion: I'm not gonna get that 95 ATAR.

emilios

HSC
Was hoping for 95+ in the beginning of the year
Eng - I was happy with my performance in both papers. Hoping for just under 90 overall - b6 and I would cry from happiness.
Ancient - happy again with my performance externally. I may have screwed up personality but I should still be able to salvage a mid b5. I'd be content with that mark.
Modern - Again happy with performance. However in the conflict section I made up a lot of BS so that's going to drag me down. But hope my other sections make up for it because I thought it was very good. Hoping to achieve high b5 - b6 and will streak at the next footy game.
MX1 - Decent. Couldn't get the final probability one but I think I'll get e4.
MX2 - This one was total fuckery. I don't even know man. My mark could range anywhere between low e3 and high e3. Will have to see.

Conclusion: I'm not gonna get that 95 ATAR.
umm wat? if you plug those minimum marks into any atar calc you comfortably get over 95!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)