HSC hot takes (1 Viewer)

spiderfan44

HSC
what are ur hsc hot takes

mine is that food tech is harder than geography and food tech is not the easiest subject

spiderfan44

HSC
design and technology is the easiest subject theory wise. you can go into a d&t exam w/o studying and do pretty well

harperissleepy

HSC
what are ur hsc hot takes

mine is that food tech is harder than geography and food tech is not the easiest subject
earth and environmental isn't an easy subject
everyone says it is but its incredibly content heavy and you've got to understand all of it

I don't think English should be mandatory and the way they teach it is shit

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
everyone says it is but its incredibly content heavy and you've got to understand all of it

i agree that english shouldn’t be mandatory (for yr 11 and 12). or at least it shouldn’t *always* include the 2 english units in your atar (not that it would make a difference for me lol)

harperissleepy

HSC
i agree that english shouldn’t be mandatory (for yr 11 and 12). or at least it shouldn’t *always* include the 2 english units in your atar (not that it would make a difference for me lol)
AGREED
imo I just think it should be taught differently
there's no other scenario where you'd be expected to write 5 pages in 40 minutes, its just insane

liamkk112

HSC
english sucks but with hindsight i actually value the skills i got a good amount, definetly could be a better approach to teaching it though

mine is that to succeed in the hsc half of the time it felt like just playing the game set by nesa. like ranking highly, going to a decent school, following the exact way they want u to write, knowing how scaling/alignment works etc were pretty much as important (or felt as important) as actually studying. after going to uni for a sem i got reminded what "real" learning is like, you just care about learning the content and doing well in exams, and as long as u know that and get a good score u get a good grade, no scaling, ranks etc that take away from actual learning imo

mvrcuriee

#1 SK
HSC
not even a hot take, the way they should teach English needs to be seriously revised and the marking guidelines dont even make sense half the time

spiderfan44

HSC

yea like its prob the easiest science, but its still a science subject and is hard. theres also way less resources online. its by far the subject i study the most for, yet i mark the lowest in

spiderfan44

HSC
i think for english standard there should be a part where you have to interpret and learn how to read scientific papers, the majority of seniors i know dont know how to do it. i see so many ppl online who cant read papers properly and come to awful conclusions, and the majority of my classmates cannot read them.

i think you could switch out one quote analysis thing for that

idkkdi

HSC
english sucks but with hindsight i actually value the skills i got a good amount, definetly could be a better approach to teaching it though

mine is that to succeed in the hsc half of the time it felt like just playing the game set by nesa. like ranking highly, going to a decent school, following the exact way they want u to write, knowing how scaling/alignment works etc were pretty much as important (or felt as important) as actually studying. after going to uni for a sem i got reminded what "real" learning is like, you just care about learning the content and doing well in exams, and as long as u know that and get a good score u get a good grade, no scaling, ranks etc that take away from actual learning imo
arguably it is a far fairer game than students taking piss easy electives/subjects in university and having a higher overall wam when recruiting for intern/grad positions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)