HSC hot takes (2 Viewers)

arcadian

HSC
been said before but english (if you are taught + engage with it properly) can do wonders for your critical thinking

just read a poem in a native language. I surprised myself and my parents at how easily I understood the layers of meaning (I read quite slowly as I am out of practice + don't actually know the alphabet) feeling pretty proud of myself :skip:

also, english advanced would be a whole lot easier to understand if teachers actually taught the simple philosophy/literary theory that informs the syllabus so that students can more clearly and efficiently fulfil nesa's intentions.

the literary theory nesa builds on is actually the core of social literacy and critical thinking and can help young people effectively engage in civic discourse - which is central to healthy democracies. a real shame that poor execution is contributing to the opposite of what nesa intended

synthesisFR

HSC
been said before but english (if you are taught + engage with it properly) can do wonders for your critical thinking

just read a poem in a native language. I surprised myself and my parents at how easily I understood the layers of meaning (I read quite slowly as I am out of practice + don't actually know the alphabet) feeling pretty proud of myself :skip:

also, english advanced would be a whole lot easier to understand if teachers actually taught the simple philosophy/literary theory that informs the syllabus so that students can more clearly and efficiently fulfil nesa's intentions.

the literary theory nesa builds on is actually the core of social literacy and critical thinking and can help young people effectively engage in civic discourse - which is central to healthy democracies. a real shame that poor execution is contributing to the opposite of what nesa intended
i should have cut everyone who hates english out of my life tbh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)