"HSC in the Holidays"...Are the lectures any good? (1 Viewer)

nataaleee

HSC
Hey guys,

I got a voucher from school for one lecture, and i was going to pay extra and attend more, but the lectures are at UTS, for two hours each day.
The time it takes to travel there and back for only two hours makes me worry about not using most of that day to study by myself.

I have been to a few library lectures and i found some quite basic. Has anyone been to or heard anything about the lectures by "HSC in the Holidays"?
Are the lectures worth it for a selective high school student? (reeeeally not being pretentious, but i know some of my teachers cover heaps more in depth than necessary)

I'll be grateful for any input!
:) Thanks!

madden1010

HSC
I went to the Chemistry, Biology and English Advanced lectures, and they were pretty helpful for me (but I don't go to a selective high school). I think the workshops next school holidays, which are 8 hour workshops, would be even more helpful though.
The people giving the lectures were teachers and HSC markers, so it was good to know what the markers are looking for. :)

nataaleee

HSC
Thank you so much for your response :) yeah i think i'll go to the longer ones!

Makematics

HSC
lol ur not gonna die if you miss out on a bit of study time cos of travelling... for one day... where are you going? andromeda or something?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
lol ur not gonna die if you miss out on a bit of study time cos of travelling... for one day... where are you going? andromeda or something?
Or you can just do what every uni student does during exam period... Study on the train.

Unless you were planning on driving, in which case i'd highly suggest you park in Broadway shopping centre as it has free 3 hour parking and parking eveywhere else is very expensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)