HSC IP drama monologues (1 Viewer)

jadea

Hey if anyone can help me out with finding a good monologue or recommend some books to look at for monologues that would be great :) thanks

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Woah. Leaving it a bit late now aren't we? Nah, its all cool.

PM me or email me with a DETAILED explaination of the kind of character/piece you are after and I'll get back to you if I have any suitable stuff.

Lucii123

HSC
Could you help me too? I need to find a monologue to start working on. I am not very good at comedy. so maybe a slow, dramatic peice? Obviously female. and not the chliched teen pregancy/ eating disorder speil. Help?

Rachygurl

HSC
For my IP i did a play called 'when the rain stops falling' by Andrew Bovell. It was suggested to me by a drama teacher and has dramatic undertones. there are a few different characters each with possibilities for monos, and also some straight forward ones. I really enjoyed it as the characters were real and not over dramatic or cliched. I reckon its worth a shot!!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Could you help me too? I need to find a monologue to start working on. I am not very good at comedy. so maybe a slow, dramatic peice? Obviously female. and not the chliched teen pregancy/ eating disorder speil. Help?</SPAN>
Check out the British play Top Girls by Caryl Churchill for some interesting female characters.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Check out the British play Top Girls by Caryl Churchill for some interesting female characters.
But don't end up doing a monologue from it. Every female should stay away from Top Girls- waaaaay too many girls do it. Top Girls and Bombshells should be sold with like a caution flyer 'DO NOT DO FOR YOUR HSC IP'

PS- lol 2005 thread

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
True. I should have stipulated. And I definitely agree with you with Bombshells.

H4M F15H

HSC
For my IP i did a play called 'when the rain stops falling' by Andrew Bovell. It was suggested to me by a drama teacher and has dramatic undertones. there are a few different characters each with possibilities for monos, and also some straight forward ones. I really enjoyed it as the characters were real and not over dramatic or cliched. I reckon its worth a shot!!
ive decided to create a monologue from the same play, could you help me out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)