• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HSC is rigged... probably (2 Viewers)

emmatheron

HSC
OK, people must obviously write the HSC exams. What stops them from "accidently" revealing questions to, say their best friends child? The tutoring company that pays the right price or their old school?:music:

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
you must be pretty dull if this bothers you enough to make a thread about it

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ok

hsc questions are apparently suggested from teachers around the state and hsc board chooses the appropriate questions or something and people who suggest questions don't know if their questions are being used for HSC. They also make sure that hsc board has no relation to any student sitting hsc whatsoever.

even for hsc markers, they need to say whether they are related to any students sitting hsc.

Besides, HSCs are all written by like February or something (According to my HSC marker teacher) so ye. It's quite safe.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
And teachers marking the HSC are not allowed to mark any papers from their school, or from any of the kids that they tutor.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
OK, people must obviously write the HSC exams. What stops them from "accidently" revealing questions to, say their best friends child? The tutoring company that pays the right price or their old school?:music:
nothing, you're screwed. I already know all the questions and answers for all my subjects. lol, thats how the top schools do so well, how did u take so long to figure this out?

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
nothing, you're screwed. I already know all the questions and answers for all my subjects. Lol, thats how the top schools do so well, how did u take so long to figure this out?
lol

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
nothing, you're screwed. I already know all the questions and answers for all my subjects. lol, thats how the top schools do so well, how did u take so long to figure this out?
WHAT! We sit like two seats away from each other in English, and you haven't told me anything.... :(

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
honesty?

one of my teachers was one of the people who wrote one of the CSSA trials which we sat and we didnt find out until we were sitting in the exam room and looked at the back page.

They also have to sign confidentiality agreements and stuff.

In the end nothing can stop this, but yeh, Trials (like CSSA, NEAP, IND) and the HSC exams are written in teh first 3 montsh of the year, and the planning begines before that i believe.

absorber

HSC
Stop worrying so much. Even if people cheat it'd be a tiny minority. besides, the hsc for most subjects is set out similarly every year, it's not that difficult to predict fairly accurately what will be in exams

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
honesty?

one of my teachers was one of the people who wrote one of the CSSA trials which we sat and we didnt find out until we were sitting in the exam room and looked at the back page.

They also have to sign confidentiality agreements and stuff.

In the end nothing can stop this, but yeh, Trials (like CSSA, NEAP, IND) and the HSC exams are written in teh first 3 montsh of the year, and the planning begines before that i believe.
Same. One of my teachers co-wrote one of the CSSA trials I sat.

jules.09

HSC
I was told that people writing the paper cannot be teaching, at a school or at a tutoring place, in the same year by a teacher.

helper

HSC
N/A
I was told that people writing the paper cannot be teaching, at a school or at a tutoring place, in the same year by a teacher.
They can teach at a school where it is done but can't be teaching it the years they are contracted to be an examiner.

klitzy

HSC
certainly has alot of flaws
Meh, I don't loose sleep over it.

My economics teacher sets the independent paper, but he's sworn not to tell us and I really don't care. So what if I don't know the questions it'll just be like the other HSC exams or any real test. I'll do the paper as it comes to me and not whinge....

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Nothing, its all a conspiracy designed to prevent you and only you from knowing the question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)