Hsc Line Is Full Of Shit (1 Viewer)

TastesGoodBut

I called up just then to speak to someone about hamlet/ragad. well first of all i got put through to someone that had never studied the texts i asked about. he then proceeded to ask me if ive read the excel study guides. he then after i told him that study guides are stupid because they are all too thematic and dont allow for other interpretations of texts etc, proceeeded to tell me that i should tlak about appearance versus reality and all these other themes when in the markers comments of the last 2 HSCs they have said "responses were far too thematic and candidates are relying too heavily on themes and study guides to get them through exams. the focus is on values and attitudes themes shouldnt be part of it"

argh im stressing fucking shitkicker!

im gonna call back and complaine that i was put through to someone that hadnt even read the texts i was doing, and im gonna ask for my 25 cents back

MiSSi

shit thats bad. and they say 'expert' teachers have been answering the calls.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
the cloudstreet person was alright...

but the science(phys and chem) teachers were... *cough*....

vivien

i asked a modern history "teacher" about culture in Nazi Germany, i was after a one sentence way that you could define it for the personality section and obviously elaborate later in ur essay AND I TOLD HER THAT.......................the response was "do you know ANYTHING about German culture?".....DAMN..........pardon me while i crawl back under my rock :eek:

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by TastesGoodBut
im thinking of calling the sydney morning herald- i feel like raging!
You could try writing to the Heckler. We should have a competition to see who's the first person to get their letter accepted.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Custom status or a 500 post count boost (your choice) to the first person who gets an appropriately witty article published. :uhhuh:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by TastesGoodBut
I well first of all i got put through to someone that had never studied the texts i asked about.
remember they are only teachers, they can't have studied all the texts. they will have only done what their school does.

i have rang for english and after i hung up realised that i was told a load of crap and the person obviously wasn't teaching the text i rang about. i am hesitant to ring back for eng again. but i if do i will ask them straight out if they have studied them.

i think with the eng line they should have a bit of a different set up, like ring from xpm-ypm for this module etc., coz obviously they can't have teachers who are experienced on all the texts at all times

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lazarus
Custom status or a 500 post count boost (your choice) to the first person who gets an appropriately witty article published. :uhhuh:
Edwina Lau... best heckler ever laz...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
ok, everytime i download things like that i can't see them, they are fine when they download, and then become mini so i can't read them - how can i read it???

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
you mean my attachment???
if the picture scales itself down... just move your mouse over it until you see a zoom sorta icon, then click it...

or just right-click and save it and look at it later, then you can zoom and stuff...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah, urs

thanks! thats a lot better

before i went to print preview and used the zoom there, but i thought there had 2 b a better way

is a roflcopter
HSC
that auto-zoom shit is fucken annoying argh

how do you turn it off?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Newbie
that auto-zoom shit is fucken annoying argh

how do you turn it off?
what do u mean? they way it becomes small?

is a roflcopter
HSC
yeah
and it takes a while before the resize button comes up
:(

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
yeah
and it takes a while before the resize button comes up
:(
off topic but simple solution to your problem :)
go to your internet settings.....

check out attached
highlighted in red rectangle
untick

is a roflcopter
HSC
yep thanks but...hmm
im on win 98
IE 6
i cant see the advance tab :(

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
yep thanks but...hmm
im on win 98
IE 6
i cant see the advance tab :(
should be exactly the same...being like that since ie4
and your usin ie6?? it doesnt matter what windows

should be the same, double check

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
The people on the lines are only teachers, you can't expect them to be perfect. And although you give them yur question when you firs get through, they just put the call through to the next available person, who may or may not know much about it.
Just call back another time til you get someone good. It's only the cost of a phone call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)