HSC making you sick? (1 Viewer)

annarose

HSC
So far, I've gained three kilograms, developed ecsma (sp?) and my hair is falling out.

*conversation with doctor*

AR: So why do I have ecsma?
Doc: From stress.
AR: But I'm not stressed...
Doc: You are year twelve, yes?
AR: Yes...
Doc: Trust me, you're stressed...

*end conversation with doctor*

Does anyone else have stuff wrong with them that has been associated with the hsc? And DO YOU AGREE?

(btw- The weight gain I can account for- the Mcdonald's near my school and the aquisition of a drivers license could possibly maybe have something to do with it)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
owch. are you alright ?
lmaos i`ve gone down on the scales , but ive been having more frequent headaches .. which are annoying lol.
oh and lack of sleep :p

Loza33

HSC
I havent had a good proper nights sleep in so long..... im so tired and stressed that i feel like i could cry at any moment... i just have to hold it back constantly...

broken foot - well it was on an hsc school excursion... hAHAHA

annarose

HSC
I have ecsma cream so it's all good... bit gross though.
The hair discombobulates me... but I do have an extraordinarily large amount of it on my head naturally, so hopefully it'll fall out until it's normal and then stop :- P

xxmissy

HSC
yeh headaches, exhaustion and a lack of sleep, sometimes even when i try sleeping it doesnt work and may i add a very screwed and unbalanced diet and an overdose of multivitamins and panadol...ooo and also an addiction to macdonalds and GJs:mad1:

Last edited:

tara2713

HSC
Hey,
When i started the acutal year 12 part of my hsc i was diagnosed with glandural fever. I was a little stressed but i didn't think it was too bad.
It ended up keeping me out of school for 4 weeks and i had constant headaches, rarely slept and was always tired.
The doctor warned me to keep my stress levels down or i would get it back. I still get rather frequent headaches and sometimes don't sleep. So in a way the doctor is right. I learned to keep my stress under control most of the time.
So its not unusual or anything.
Hope thats of any use to you.
Tara

Season

HSC
tara2713 said:
Hey,
The doctor warned me to keep my stress levels down or i would get it back. I still get rather frequent headaches and sometimes don't sleep. So in a way the doctor is right. I learned to keep my stress under control most of the time.
So its not unusual or anything.
Hope thats of any use to you.
love it,

don't stress or your body will attack you... muahhahahaha

Bel_T

HSC
I'm getting white hairs :(
Oh and, bad exercising + sleeping habits, meaning, no exercise and insomnia:bomb:

Sofstar

HSC
Loza33 said:
im so tired and stressed that i feel like i could cry at any moment... i just have to hold it back constantly.
Same on one of my crappy days, usually after getting a crappy result. It's not making me sick all the time but in times of stress i just feel sick all the time.

Eating so much chocolate of late (emotional eating ftw) is, i think leading to a breakout.:mad1:

Last edited:

goosiegoo

HSC
My friend has eczema, and it's gotten worse this year...

As for me, a few weeks ago i got a virus, followed by a cold, followed by two sties in my eye. Woe. The worst, however, is that i think the stress and lack of sleep from the hsc is giving me some sort of minor OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder..) i mean, it runs in my family - but i think the hsc has brought it out in me. Oh, what fun, what fun. Mental sickness.
Oh well, atleast i'm not depressed.

~untitled~

HSC
Lack of sleep (id die without sleeping pills!), mood swings, and have had a constant cold since the hsc started because of stress!!

-pari-

HSC
N/A
remember to take a step back every now and then. youcome before the hsc.

and when you stick to that, you'll see everything falls into place on its own.

i had started giving it all up for the hsc - lack of sleep, screwd up eating patterns you name it, but that doesn't get you anywhere. you focus best when you're regular and consistent. so i'm taking it easy for a while, just so my body doesn't completely give way or something. =]

Last edited:
HSC
Near last year's yearlies (or it could've been during the SC... I don't remember :eek:) I developed Eczema. I went to the doctor's, got some cream, and it disappeared.

Luckily I haven't got it since.

cheshirekitty09

HSC
Not so much sick as perpetually tired.

I literally just get home in the afternoon and need to sleep.
So sad...

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Near last year's yearlies (or it could've been during the SC... I don't remember :eek:) I developed Eczema. I went to the doctor's, got some cream, and it disappeared.

Luckily I haven't got it since.
Oh .. is eczema caused by stress ?

HSC
I have a nice combination of a lack of sleep (I got 10 hours this week. my bad.), moodiness, headaches, stomachaches, weight loss AND gain depending on whether I opt to overeat or undereat and insomnia... I think everyone feels it physically sometimes. I had a nice little burst-into-tears moment at school yesterday. Usually I can contain myself at school but yesterday was bad. My teacher told me I really need to relax and start taking it easy... easy for her to say! Sometimes I feel like I could explode I am that stressed, but only sometimes.

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
cheshirekitty09 said:
Not so much sick as perpetually tired.

I literally just get home in the afternoon and need to sleep.
So sad...
oh yeah me too.
im constantly asleep on the bus to and from school.
and when i get home i go to sleep again.
and i think im putting back on the weight i previously lost [supposedly due to stress but now it seems as though im overeating due to stress so i dont know what to think]
headaches are more frequent [or maybe that's due to the weather??]
and i usually rarely get sick but im also sick more often coz i stay up and do work when the weather is crap so i get less sleep all up and my immune system goes boom crash
and ive become more emotional/mood swing-y/pms-y/irratible/snappy due to the accumulation of all the above factors.
*headache*

and just reading all that crap is giving me another headache GRRRR...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)