• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC making you sick? (1 Viewer)

~untitled~

HSC
michelleyeaman said:
I have a nice combination of a lack of sleep (I got 10 hours this week. my bad.), moodiness, headaches, stomachaches, weight loss AND gain depending on whether I opt to overeat or undereat and insomnia... I think everyone feels it physically sometimes. I had a nice little burst-into-tears moment at school yesterday. Usually I can contain myself at school but yesterday was bad. My teacher told me I really need to relax and start taking it easy... easy for her to say! Sometimes I feel like I could explode I am that stressed, but only sometimes.
I was having trouble sleeping too, get some sleeping tablets theyll really help. Yea, i had one of those 'burst into tears moments' last week too, and yea i got the same 'it's alright, dont worry about it so much' talk! eventhough, its their pressure to do well that causes most of it!

yosemite sam

HSC
I love how people say 'take it easy, don't stress, it's only the hsc' but its not their goddamn hsc! I couldnt hear properly and the doctor told me its because i subconsciously grind my teeth while i sleep and that changes some tube in my jaw and thats why I can't hear. I said i dont feel stressed. He said, youre in year 12, its subconscious stress. Couldve punched that mans face in....grrrr....and i have chronic fatigue syndrome which is compounded by stress too....i hate the hsc

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
annarose said:
The hair discombobulates me
My, what a word. I might use that today.

It's so contradicting, it's like "Hey, stress less kids, it's only the HSC, no big", next thing you know, they pile on assessments and go "Study hard okay? This counts for 40% of your final mark. FORTY. PERCENT. OF. YOUR. FINAL. MARK."

It saddens me so.

miss-smexy

HSC
Lol yeh I can't go to the gym/dance classes much anymore because of assessments and that makes me feel fatigued 24/7.

Last edited:

anniea89

HSC
I've probably gained weight (I say prob because I never weigh myself- as long as my jeans aren't tight, I'm ok)
My skin condition has worsened because I'm so tired at night, that I can't stick to my normal medication routine.

redom

HSC
HSC's!! ruinedd my eyes!.....

i had like perfect vision....and within a few months, it all slowly ruined!.....and now i need glasses!....STUPID STUDYING!

ummm i get headaches like every second dayy too....but im just used too that now.

soo yes HSC SUX

jirwin

HSC
not so much the hsc but school in general - since about yr ten... i'm stressed all the time - even in the xmas holidays when i was on holidays in qld visiting my cousins - a fun thing.

my eyes are also bad, needed glasses since march last yr but i never wear them so my eyes are getting worse :(

nicole21290

HSC
My eyesight is good. I never ever had a headache before Year 11 though and now I get them most weeks. I've had this one for 3 days now but it's probably not helped by the fact that last night I didn't sleep (but I did work) and the couple of nights before I only got 3-4 hours sleep. It's not nice. Oh well - only about 6 months til I'm free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jexca

HSC
:( i know how everyone feels - i went to the dentist with an aching jaw and headaches because I thought i was getting my wisdom teeth, but apparently i clench my teeth (both when i'm awake and sleeping), due to either emotional upset or stress. Turns out this clenching means my jaw muscles never get a rest, which is what causes the headaches :(

Not to mention a major skin breakout with every assessment :(

kkkkaitlyn

HSC
i swear the hsc extends the duration of colds...prob from lack of sleep and bad eating patterns
i hav also stuffed my wrist from practising clarinet to much... my teacher is like just take a break.. A BREAK u kiddin u set a performance on monday and u want me to take a break..
teachers pft

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)