HSC Mark/ Assessment rank question? (1 Viewer)

COLDBOY

HSC
Quick question,
say i achieved 2nd rank for assessment rank in a subject

and then i got the highest in my school, i got a band 6 in the hsc say
and then the second highest in my school for that subject is a band 5 and everyone else is below.
Now people are saying that the person who is coming first in assessment gets the top mark, that means he/she gets the band 6 (the highest) and so do i get a band 5?
or does it show on my results that i got band 6 and then gets scaled after or something?

SXCBEAST

HSC
Say you come first with a 92 and he/she the highest gets 88.

She/he will take your 92 as her INTERNAL mark and will keep their 88 for their EXTERNAL Mark

You will take their 88 as your INTERNAL mark and will keep your 92 as your EXTERNAL Mark

Once averaging this out, you will both get 90 as your final mark.

Tsunayoshi

Full Time Mime
HSC
There were a couple of topics about this, i asked the same thing. The guy who came first internally, will get the top mark hsc wise. Idk, still havent grasped the concept fully.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A

She/he will take your 92 as her INTERNAL mark and will keep their 88 for their EXTERNAL Mark

You will take their 88 as your INTERNAL mark and will keep your 92 as your EXTERNAL Mark

Nonsense. Moderation does NOT involve reallocating individual exam marks.

The highest internal mark will be 92. Your internal will be lower, depending on the size of the gap between first and second on raw internals.

D94

HSC
N/A
The highest internal mark will be 92. Your internal will be lower, depending on the size of the gap between first and second on raw internals.
* proportional gap relative to the mode and mean of marks.

If your school does extremely well in the exams (ie. high 80's to high 90's) and the gap is only 10, even if you are internally 30 marks away from first (and you are second) and 50 marks between first and last, your gap will only be around 3 marks, not 30.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

3/4 marks allocated right but...

What internal mark the OP would get would depend on the size of the gap that was sent in by the school between first and second and how that gap needs to be maintained after means/medians etc are calculated. If the OP was only one mark behind 1st at school they will still be about 1 mark behind - could even be even - due to aligning reducing the range of marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)