HSC Marking for English (applies to standard and adv) (1 Viewer)

jackl25

HSC
Hi BoSers,

Pardon me if this is a stupid question, but I'd like to know:

Will there ever be an instance, (in either Paper 1 or 2 of HSC English), that we will be communicating a set/prescribed text to a marker who has no prior/limited knowledge of that set text.

I.e. If my school chooses to study 'As You Like It' for AoS, will my paper ever be marked by someone who has only ever studied 'Romulus, My Father.'?

More importantly, what about Modules?

I.e. If my school chooses to study 'Conflicting Perspectives' for Module C, will my paper ever be marked by someone who has only ever taught 'History and Memory' for Module C?

Cheers.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Hi BoSers,

Pardon me if this is a stupid question, but I'd like to know:

Will there ever be an instance, (in either Paper 1 or 2 of HSC English), that we will be communicating a set/prescribed text to a marker who has no prior/limited knowledge of that set text.

I.e. If my school chooses to study 'As You Like It' for AoS, will my paper ever be marked by someone who has only ever studied 'Romulus, My Father.'?

More importantly, what about Modules?

I.e. If my school chooses to study 'Conflicting Perspectives' for Module C, will my paper ever be marked by someone who has only ever taught 'History and Memory' for Module C?

Cheers.
No, your marker will have a knowledge of that field.

Tacitus

HSC
OK. Therefore there is no excuse to have obvious plot retell?
There's not really a lot to gain from going through the plot - the only important plot details you need are the ones that give background to your supporting evidence.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
OK. Therefore there is no excuse to have obvious plot retell?
No, not at all.

Even in your related text, it's not considered useful. Like Tacitus noted, only if it's really relevant to your analysis and evidence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)