HSC Music 1 Performance rep. (1 Viewer)

Legacy_of_5

HSC
I'm have been playing guitar for 5 years and Ukulele for about 3 months, and this my rep. Feedback please

Instrument and it's Rep.
Ocean - John Butler (Core)
Sweet Child of Mine - Sungha Jung

Music of the 20th and 21st Century
Guitar Boogie - Tommy Emmanuel

Popular Music
I'm Yours (Ukulele) - Sungha Jung

madharris

HSC
N/A
Yeah it looks like a good and broad range of repertoire :)
Now you just have to practice so you can stand out from other guitarists! (I think it's good that you mixed it up with a bit of ukulele!)

Tip:
Especially since you play a strumming instrument, practice performing in front of people! Jump at every chance you get; Assembly, concerts, for your friends, family, etc! With guitar, you want to entertain as well as be technically amazing, so if you learn to have fun while playing infront of people, then the examiners will see that and it might end up bringing up your mark! - it will also make you a lot less nervous (if you get nervous) when playing in front of the examiners!

twelsh

HSC
As far as each song goes:
Ocean is a great piece, I'm also doing that for performance. Make sure your strumming isn't sloppy though. I've seen too many people butcher this song.
That arrangement of Sweet Child O' Mine is good, you should try to articulate the melody well though, as I find it can get a bit repetitive otherwise.
Guitar Boogie = Gold. Enough said.
I'm Yours is interesting, not sure about it though.

All in all, a pretty good repertoire. :)

Does anyone wanna critique mine, please? I'm doing:
Ocean - John Butler
Take Five - Paul Desmond (Douglas Niedt Arrangement)
Us Against Them - Maneli Jamal
All on guitar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)