HSC Physics - 2014 Predictions (1 Viewer)

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
having magnetic levitation doesn't directly mean you will have 'higher speeds'. MagLev trains are more complicated than that but yes using magnetic levitation in these special trains would also be another good example
Also isnt that the magnetic levitation use magnets as a source of power meanig that they dont use any fossil fuels which can contribute towards the green house gases and global warming etc/

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Also isnt that the magnetic levitation use magnets as a source of power meanig that they dont use any fossil fuels which can contribute towards the green house gases and global warming etc/
mag lev is not a source of power lel

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
mag lev is not a source of power lel
Lel, I didn't ment that..I ment to say modern trains provide lots of exhaust fumes which contributed towards global warming. Magnetic Levtation trains don't do this so that could be a impact

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Lel, I didn't ment that..I ment to say modern trains provide lots of exhaust fumes which contributed towards global warming. Magnetic Levtation trains don't do this so that could be a impact
Be careful!
MagLev trains require high strength electromagnets, which utilise electricity, which is generated from coal-fired power stations, which emit CO2 which contributes to global warming

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Be careful!
MagLev trains require high strength electromagnets, which utilise electricity, which is generated from coal-fired power stations, which emit CO2 which contributes to global warming
Ah now I get it

iStudent

HSC
100% agree. Most of my tutoring students never hear about it from their school teacher. But, go through the last 10 years of examinations and I guarantee there are questions relating to them in each exam. Most likely 4+ marks.
Can you specify which papers? I just flicked through last 10 and there were none specifying am Australian physicist. (unless you're referring to options?)

mreditor16

HSC
Can you specify which papers? I just flicked through last 10 and there were none specifying am Australian physicist. (unless you're referring to options?)
Fizzy_Cyst is referring to questions on the PFAs in general.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Be careful!
Are you are Physicist irl?

esaitchkay

HSC
Was reading through an old thread and someone suggested Dr Karl (who has also been a tutor/research assistant, a filmmaker, a car mechanic, a road manager, a taxi driver, a scientific officer in a hospital, a t-shirt manufacturer, a doctor, an academic, an author, a public speaker, a television presenter and reporter, a script writer, a weather man, a radio panelist, science reporter, writer and presenter, and a script consultant)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Kruszelnicki which is fair enough right?

Anyone have an alive, female, practising, Australian physicist?

mreditor16

HSC
Was reading through an old thread and someone suggested Dr Karl (who has also been a tutor/research assistant, a filmmaker, a car mechanic, a road manager, a taxi driver, a scientific officer in a hospital, a t-shirt manufacturer, a doctor, an academic, an author, a public speaker, a television presenter and reporter, a script writer, a weather man, a radio panelist, science reporter, writer and presenter, and a script consultant)
e
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Kruszelnicki which is fair enough right?

Anyone have an alive, female, practising, Australian physicist?
hmm I was wondering about Dr Karl as well, but what of his work would we be able to talk about for his work in physics?

QZP

HSC
Do you guys think there will be a question on this dotpoint?
identify data sources, gather, analyse and present information on the contribution of one of the following to the development of space exploration: Tsiolkovsky, Oberth, Goddard, Esnault-Pelterie, O‘Neill or von Braun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)