• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HSC plus and AAA scholarship (1 Viewer)

SXCBEAST

HSC
How about HSC plus points in addition with Elite Athletes and Performers. Do they accumulate up to 10 or is it just 5 maximum? :O
accumulate to 10, I got 3 elite athletes points and 5 AAA points so 8 altogether. They said that EAP can be combined with HSC plus or the AAA

HSC
Uni Grad
accumulate to 10, I got 3 elite athletes points and 5 AAA points so 8 altogether. They said that EAP can be combined with HSC plus or the AAA
Oh that's good then. that means I'm getting 3 elite athletes points and 5 HSC plus. meaning 8 in total. I might confirm that with UNSW though.

SXCBEAST

HSC
Oh that's good then. that means I'm getting 3 elite athletes points and 5 HSC plus. meaning 8 in total. I might confirm that with UNSW though.
yeah be sure to confirm before making any decisions :) goodluck!

bikinigal

HSC
N/A
Update: I emailed unsw before starting this thread and they only just replied...

[FONT=&quot]"Thank you for your email and congratulations on your nomination for the UNSW AAA scholarship. One of the benefits of the scholarship is that you are guaranteed an offer into your program of choice at UNSW providing your ATAR is within 5 points of the published cut-off (except for our Medicine program). This is separate to any bonus points scheme and is essentially unaffected by it. Students awarded HSC Plus and Elite Athletes and Performers bonus points in addition to the AAA are advised that a maximum of 10 bonus points will be applied to your application to UNSW in this combination[/FONT]."

Is it correct for me to assume that contrary to this threads advice that i CAN receive HSC plus points in addition to the AAA points?
You'll have to forget about HSC bonus points for combined law as it is ineligible - go hereto check : http://iaro.online.unsw.edu.au/pls/non/hsc_bonus_points.main . You can use the 5 AAA points though.

packwolf

HSC
Does anyone know who adds HSC plus points? Does UAC just add them to your atar for your eligible courses and then give that rank to UNSW, or does UAC give your real ATAR to unsw and then UNSW add the points?

2011_

HSC
I can understand you guys thinking it's a little unfair for someone not considering UNSW to be nominated but can I make a few points:
1. When the school did the nomination the recipient may have been considering UNSW or may have had no idea what Uni they wanted to go to
2. AAA may be enough to change somebody's mind about the Uni they put as 1st, 2nd or 3rd preference (especially if they have financial difficulties).
3. The recipient may have been clearly superior in an academic capacity (ie. the school didn't want to nominate an inferior canditate).
4. The Uni may not be able to accommodate everyone if 100% of AAA recipients wanted to go to UNSW.
Not saying I am correct, just something to consider.

IamBread

HSC
got an email from unsw

"To answer the question I think you are asking, if you are entitled to HSC Plus points you will receive these and then if you are within 5 ATAR points of the published cut-off you will be made an offer to the program you have chosen by virtue of your nomination for the AAA."

soo yes, you are entitled to get HSC plus with the AAA scholarship.. but max hsc plus points is 5. therefore maximum bonus points are 10 Atar points
I hope that is true, that way I am definitely in :D

IamBread

HSC
I got this reply from UNSW

"If you are eligible for HSC Plus then these points will be automatically added to your ATAR. It is this adjusted ATAR that will then be considered with regards to the AAA.

In this regard, the two schemes ‘stack’ together."

So it looks like they stack together to give 10 points.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
But I believe the maximum is 5 points regardless.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
HSC Plus and AAA stack? Hmm, news to me. Okay then, I'll believe you...

IamBread

HSC
Here is an email I got from UNSW.

"Dear Brad,

Your ATAR + HSC Plus means you will be assessed for B Adv. Science with a score of 97.35 – this alone would make you very competitive for entry given that in 2011 the cut-off was 95.00.

Adding AAA into this means that essentially you will be assessed as holding the maximum possible ATAR 99.95 for the AAA eligible programs– (97.35 with a 5 point leeway – i.e. 102.35, which is obviously not possible so it is capped at 99.95).

So given that AAA nominees who have a preference in their UAC application for a program at UNSW (except for B Medicine/B Surgery) will receive a guaranteed offer into that program provided:
o Their ATAR or equivalent (yours will be 97.35 based on the information you have provided) is within 5 points of the published cut-off of their preferred program;
o They meet any additional selection criteria for the program; and
o They do not receive an offer to a higher preference then you will receive an offer to B Adv. Science.

I hope that this helps clarify the situation.

Kind regards,

Jenna Dennison

Student Information Officer | UNSW Student Recruitment
The University of New South Wales
UNSW SYDNEY NSW 2052
Australia"

So they definitely stack

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)