HSC Predictions (2 Viewers)

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
2007 'Explain how and why German social and cultural life changed in the period1923–1939.'

The other question was on German foreign policy 33 - 39.
eh i Still stand by my point, you could just focus on 23-33 than BS a paragrpah about 33 to 39, still end up with 20/25 if done right

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
eh i Still stand by my point, you could just focus on 23-33 than BS a paragrpah about 33 to 39, still end up with 20/25 if done right
No you couldn't.

What you are suggesting is more like 12/13

Look at the question - 'how and why' it changed is the crux of the question so you have to say what it was like under Weimar and then how and why it changed under the Nazis. To simply focus on the Weimar period and not actually address the question of change would limit your marks massively.

Last edited:

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
No you couldn't.

What you are suggesting is more like 12/13

Look at the question - 'how and why' it changed is the crux of the question so you have to say what it was like under Weimar and then how and why it changed under the Nazis. To simply focus on the Weimar period and not actually address the question of change would limit your marks massively.
look idk when you did your HSC but i can tell you, markers generally don't care anymore, the standards have dropped considerably. I mean for gods sake if you're so stupid that you can't BS to make it look like you're answering the question than you probs don't deserve good marks anyway. I mean you would have to of had your head stuck in sand the entire year, if you didn't soak up enough general knowledge about the changes in society under the Nazi Regeime.

point is it's not difficult, anybody who knows the tricks of the trade can go in with only a rudimentary knowkedge and walk out with 80% plus, I've seen it happen all too often.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
look idk when you did your HSC but i can tell you, markers generally don't care anymore, the standards have dropped considerably. I mean for gods sake if you're so stupid that you can't BS to make it look like you're answering the question than you probs don't deserve good marks anyway. I mean you would have to of had your head stuck in sand the entire year, if you didn't soak up enough general knowledge about the changes in society under the Nazi Regeime.

point is it's not difficult, anybody who knows the tricks of the trade can go in with only a rudimentary knowkedge and walk out with 80% plus, I've seen it happen all too often.
She's a History teacher/marker, I'm pretty sure she knows her stuff better than all of us here.

enoilgam

HSC

Cem is a HSC marker so I think she knows what she is talking about. Having being taught by 2 markers with considerable experience (one a senior marker for 15 years), they always said the main mistake students make was not answering the question. Doing the response your way wouldnt get you past a band 4.

Also, you need substance to get a band 5 or over. Whilst you dont need to have an outstanding knowledge of the course content, you need to be able to fill your essay with enough factual detail if you want 80+. As the old saying goes "you can polish s**t" - in other words, you cannot produce a quality essay with rudimentary knowledge, even if your the greatest essay writer in the world.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)