• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Hsc Prize (1 Viewer)

Skeeta

HSC
There was a thread a while ago saying ridiculous things parents would get their kids if they got 90+ (or over a certain mark)

Who got that mark and is now living in a penthouse at the playboy mansion??

nah seriously did you all get what you were promised??

Acid

HSC
A good education was a pretty sufficient motivator for me. :)

Skeeta

HSC
yeah it was enough for me too.. cept my daddy bought me flowers and my fave choc yesterday :D

but some people were getting promised cars, money, overseas trips etc.
Im wondering whether the promise actually followed through.

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
haha! my mum promised me a car if i got dux and i did. i dont think she was expecting that!!

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I feel guilty asking them for anything especially since they paid for my education and will be paying for uni.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
my dads paying for uni..........and he got me a laptop (for uni).....yeh.......thats it..........however my parents have gone nuts with pride.........they tell everyone and anyone they see wat i got........and today dad went a bought a frame and cut out the part in the honour roll list that had my name in it and framed it n stuck it in the lounge room...........how embarrassing.....n i only got 94.10.........i wonder what they wouldve done if i got 98+ like the rest of u........

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Trigger189 said:
haha! my mum promised me a car if i got dux and i did. i dont think she was expecting that!!

same............ suckers ..............although they didnt buy me a new car.........they just gave me mums one......

mz_200sx

but some people were getting promised cars, money, overseas trips etc.

my dad made me a promise that he'll buy me a ticket 2 Lebanon if i get over 85.........i dont thing he expected me 2 do it or to fullfill the promise if it did happen.......i got 88.2 so gotta see wats gonna happen.....ill let u know if the promise if fullfilled!

SeDaTeD

HSC
Haha, I got above 99 and my dad delivered me 5 tonnes of potting mix to shovel and make a new garden. Extended family is quite ecstatic.

KOfGHS

HSC
N/A
My Mummy bought me flowers too Skeets!! and i got a little money off my Grandparents

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
joujou_84 said:
my dads paying for uni..........and he got me a laptop (for uni).....yeh.......thats it..........however my parents have gone nuts with pride.........they tell everyone and anyone they see wat i got........and today dad went a bought a frame and cut out the part in the honour roll list that had my name in it and framed it n stuck it in the lounge room...........how embarrassing.....n i only got 94.10.........i wonder what they wouldve done if i got 98+ like the rest of u........

hahaha that's great!
It's still pretty cool to see our parents really proud and all.
My dad did something similar when i got a prize in the maths comp ages ago

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by joujou_84

======
WOW..at least my parent haven't done tat..but some friend of their's suggest take the news paper overseas and show relatives..faint!!! and some suggest buy few more copies....faint again!!!

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
My parents are too tight-arsed to buy me anything. I only tried because im overtly competitive and like bragging.

brookalyn

HSC
my mum bought me choccies for finishin the hsc!! and some yummy stuff from the bakery too!! lol she knew food would make me happy lol knows me too well!!

But she got a mini voice tape recorder wen i got accepted to uni, it was already wrapped and ready to go when i checked principals rec on dec 3, she has such faith in me, gotta love her!!

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
my dad is buying me a bottle of JD, but thats only because he's overseas at the moment and thought he should pick me up something duty free :p

kentukey

i don't know what will be going on?!

my parents promised me that if i can get 95+, they will buy a laptop for me ,now i got 97.50, but it seems that everything is still going on, neither of them mentioned that, damn ,hey?!

Melody

HSC
N/A
My sister told me she would give me her iPaq if I go well, think she recanted somewhere along the line... Not sure what well is though, I wanted 90+, but if I had actually done some form of study at any point in the year/not done night and morning before jobs I could have gone 97+. Thing is, my sister and I ended up getting the same UAI - 88.95, though hers was three years previous, she always claims she did "well", though she also claims she got 90 which is bs.... :)

rainonmay

floating around
HSC
my parents didnt promise me anything if i get over a certain mark... but my dad asked me wot i wanted and i dunno coz they already planned to buy me a second-hand car for finishing the hsc.... i dont relli want or need much else... a laptop sounds good tho....... mayb i can persuade him to buy it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)