HSC question PLZ answer :):) (1 Viewer)

4jess7lov

HSC
Hey guys, i've been feeling really ill over the last month whilst i've been doing my HSC exams. I went to the doctor and it turns out after doing tests that i have a virus thingy with a weird sounding name...so should i apply for misadventure? cause i had headaches during each exam and feeling rly rly tired and not at my best at all...and now i learn its the symptoms of this viral infection...i went to my principal and he said he thinks i should apply for it because my performance was affected by an illness...what do you guys think? isnt it like impossible to get misadventure for things like this?? i've finished all my hsc exams now except for society and culture on last day of hsc and the symptioms (headaches/fatigue etc) are meant to last for another 2 wks at least...so it would hav affected all my exams!! what should i do? should i apply? does anyone know anyone who did apply and who was succesful in applying for misadventure? i hav a doctors certificate and everything which says i have this deasease and how it would have affected my performance....is this enough? do i have a chance?? also doesnt it look bad if i apply for misadventure for every exam (from business studies on 1st day to society and culture on last day)..like wont they think im stretching it? anyone know from expereince?

i'd appreciate any ideas/opinions thnx

xox jess

X

xeuyrawp

4jess7lov said:
Hey guys, i've been feeling really ill over the last month whilst i've been doing my HSC exams. I went to the doctor and it turns out after doing tests that i have a virus thingy with a weird sounding name...so should i apply for misadventure?
To be honest, I didn't read any further.

If you were sick for a period of the HSC, you should try to apply. People here will tell you one of three things: Yes you should apply; no, it's too late; no, you're ineligible.

You should ignore everybody, and just try for it. The two last arguments are invalid in that firstly, it shouldn't stop you applying, and, secondly, that's the BoS' choice.

Good luck with it. :)

Aaron.Judd

HSC
If your principal thinks you should, then do. He knows better than all of us here.

Enobarbus

HSC
N/A
why didn't you notify the presiding officer before or during each exam? at my exam centre, she made it really clear that it wouldn't be possible to lodge an appeal without notifying her first.

bella3150

HSC
everyone at my school seems to have some kind of misadventure form, special provisions or something along those lines. I think most of it (when concerning the people at my school) is bull, they are just afraid to do the exam on a level playing field with the rest of the state and need an excuse if they didnt do as well as hoped. i mean some people have extra time because they
'get really stressed before an exam'
or
'their wrist hurts after writing for 3 hours'
well duh.
it just makes me cranky. I think if your sick and if its affected your performance you should definitley apply for a misadventure form it just sucks when other people take advantage of the system.
sorry i had to have that little rant.

4jess7lov

HSC
bella3150 said:
everyone at my school seems to have some kind of misadventure form, special provisions or something along those lines. I think most of it (when concerning the people at my school) is bull, they are just afraid to do the exam on a level playing field with the rest of the state and need an excuse if they didnt do as well as hoped. i mean some people have extra time because they
'get really stressed before an exam'
or
'their wrist hurts after writing for 3 hours'
well duh.
it just makes me cranky. I think if your sick and if its affected your performance you should definitley apply for a misadventure form it just sucks when other people take advantage of the system.
sorry i had to have that little rant.
yeh i hate ppl doin that too...and in response as to why i didnt report it...i thought i was just havin a cold and i didnt want to hav to go to dr. to prove it....it wasnt untill i got diagnosed with a viral infection (after blood tests and stuff) that i thought abt applying.

im just worried if i apply for my last exam too theyll think i just did it cause im one of those ppl scared to fail and want a back-up which never crossed my mind at once! i dno how the system rly works :S

danz90

HSC
If its Epstein-barr virus/Mononucleosis/Glandular fever, I've read on a BOS document that they don't accept that as illness/misadventure :(

But then again, definitely submit an illness/misadventure appeal... they could be fair and offer u leeway.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
most of the time, if you're well enough to be at school, you're well enough to do the exam

4jess7lov

HSC
danz90 said:
If its Epstein-barr virus/Mononucleosis/Glandular fever, I've read on a BOS document that they don't accept that as illness/misadventure :(

But then again, definitely submit an illness/misadventure appeal... they could be fair and offer u leeway.
i thought this too...but if there is a flair up during the exam of the illness....like eg a bad headache...that is grounds for appeal...the reason why those illnesses are usually not excepted is that they are long term disease and u hav to apply for extra uai points instead...not for misadventure....but do you have the link to the documents by any chance??

jirwin

HSC
If I was you, I would definitely submit a misadventure form. As someone else said, you have nothing to lose, the worst that can happen is you won't get approved. I guess you should have mentioned that you weren't well to the main supervisor before the exams and this might hinder the outcome, but it is worth a try.

Don't even worry about others thinking you just want an advantage, you know in yourself thats not the case, and so will your family/friends and thats all that really matters - not the people who you may or may not ever see again.

Also you have a doctors certificate, they can provide details regarding the length of the illness and symptoms etc, so just submit the application and see how it goes you really have nothing to lose. And remember, don't worry about others, do what you believe is right.

adriana08

HSC
jirwin said:
If I was you, I would definitely submit a misadventure form. As someone else said, you have nothing to lose, the worst that can happen is you won't get approved. I guess you should have mentioned that you weren't well to the main supervisor before the exams and this might hinder the outcome, but it is worth a try.

Don't even worry about others thinking you just want an advantage, you know in yourself thats not the case, and so will your family/friends and thats all that really matters - not the people who you may or may not ever see again.

Also you have a doctors certificate, they can provide details regarding the length of the illness and symptoms etc, so just submit the application and see how it goes you really have nothing to lose. And remember, don't worry about others, do what you believe is right.
i agree here..just do what you think is right..because in the end you are the only one this is going to help/affect..
but if you want my opinion..i'd say go for it :)

tommykins said:
most of the time, if you're well enough to be at school, you're well enough to do the exam
^^and i don't think you're being very fair considering you can't judge unless you have been in the exact situation..sure you can do the exam..but the whole point of an illness/misadventure form is that you aren't doing the exam to the best of your ability BECAUSE of that illness..if the cause is legit and the illness only hinders your performance there is no reason for you not the sit exam..in fact i'm pretty sure that's what an illness/misadventure form was made for :)

Last edited:

Zephyrio

HSC
Enobarbus said:
why didn't you notify the presiding officer before or during each exam? at my exam centre, she made it really clear that it wouldn't be possible to lodge an appeal without notifying her first.
Obviously, there would be exceptional measures for exceptional circumstances.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
adriana08 said:
^^and i don't think you're being very fair considering you can't judge unless you have been in the exact situation..sure you can do the exam..but the whole point of an illness/misadventure form is that you aren't doing the exam to the best of your ability BECAUSE of that illness..if the cause is legit and the illness only hinders your performance there is no reason for you not the sit exam..in fact i'm pretty sure that's what an illness/misadventure form was made for :)
fuckin cry, by your logic i could put forth a misadventure because i forgot to look at the back page of my exam. i have amnesia and all hence reducing my ability.

4jess7lov

HSC
tommykins imagine having a searing headache throughout the exam makin u forget wat u had just written or wat to write next...as well as severe fatigue and weariness caused by a viral disease...its not very condusive to performing at your best

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
4jess7lov said:
tommykins imagine having a searing headache throughout the exam makin u forget wat u had just written or wat to write next...as well as severe fatigue and weariness caused by a viral disease...its not very condusive to performing at your best
imagine taking toilet breaks to vomit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)