HSC Results Check Service (1 Viewer)

felinkity

HSC
I was just wondering if anyone has used this before and knows how long it takes and how often they change marks - ie is it worth doing?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I was just wondering if anyone has used this before and knows how long it takes and how often they change marks - ie is it worth doing?

I'd say it's worth it if you're rather sure that there must be some mistake. I have applied for this to be done in Chemistry because I came out of that exam feeling like I'd blitzed it, completely; like surely above 90... Even if there is no mark change, ah well - I must really suck then.

felinkity

HSC
I'd say it's worth it if you're rather sure that there must be some mistake. I have applied for this to be done in Chemistry because I came out of that exam feeling like I'd blitzed it, completely; like surely above 90... Even if there is no mark change, ah well - I must really suck then.
righto, I might put one in then - I expected a fair bit higher in mx2 and physics and I suppose it can't hurt (unless they can take marks away? hmm)

With the chem, just so you know, I got 91 and I'd say my raw mark was between 80 and 90% (I didn't even attempt the last 7 mark question) so if you feel you got about that or a bit higher you've probably got a good chance of gaining some extra marks :)

oh and well done with the atar!

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
righto, I might put one in then - I expected a fair bit higher in mx2 and physics and I suppose it can't hurt (unless they can take marks away? hmm)

With the chem, just so you know, I got 91 and I'd say my raw mark was between 80 and 90% (I didn't even attempt the last 7 mark question) so if you feel you got about that or a bit higher you've probably got a good chance of gaining some extra marks :)

From what I read, they won't take away marks - only add them on if applicable.

I might do it for my subjects in which I was close to a Band 6 - like English (Adv) which was 87 and especially English Extension 1 - which was 44/50.

If they retool HSC marks, does that mean I get a different ATAR though?

suling

HSC
From what I read, they won't take away marks - only add them on if applicable.

I might do it for my subjects in which I was close to a Band 6 - like English (Adv) which was 87 and especially English Extension 1 - which was 44/50.

If they retool HSC marks, does that mean I get a different ATAR though?
From UAC:

Can I have my ATAR recalculated?
Generally speaking no, but there are some instances where your ATAR will be recalculated:

if the Board of Studies provides amended HSC results
if you complete additional courses
if you repeat courses you've already completed.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

Thank you, and I did feel as though I had done great in the exam and thought I blitzed the option topic as well; perhaps they lost a section of my exam or something. My Extension 2 mark was horrendous, but I knew it would suffer, just not that badly... :\

I hope I get an improved mark.

From UAC:

Can I have my ATAR recalculated?
Generally speaking no, but there are some instances where your ATAR will be recalculated:

if the Board of Studies provides amended HSC results
if you complete additional courses
if you repeat courses you've already completed.
That's correct, and read that today.

hobbs363

HSC
N/A
So by rechecking can they take marks away? Or only add? Thank you!

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad

You're expecting a mark between 80 and 90 after non-attempting a seven marker?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
How can you not attempt a question? One of the things that was drilled into me before the HSC was "ATTEMPT EVERY QUESTION!"

mecramarathon

HSC
hey remember that the examiners mark quite harsh

its quite normal to give like 4/7 for the science extended responses and they don't give half marks
so though you may feel confident that you've gotten 80 - 90% its likely that many responses had 1 or 2 marks deducted etc

remember the epic scaling last yr for chem? lol wasn't it like 55/100 got you 83?

blackratpoo

HSC
i was so dissapointed with chem after the exam. like literally devo...thought i fucked industrial and i know i only got 16 in MC. ended up with 96 examination mark. so go for chem recheck i say if you thought you blitzed it coz i though i failed haha.

also, what happens if you get a recheck and you get extra marks? coz that technically screws up everyones mark at your school (unless your mark before was the top mark and you were ranked 1)???????????? do they change your mark and send out new results to you? everyone else??? uac???

iTz Osky

HSC
hmm i don't know if i should consider bothering to apply for this, if only for some finality. Don't get me wrong, I was delighted with my marks and ATAR, but I guess I was kinda disappointed with my external examination mark for EX1 - 44/50. As many have said, I came out feeling great, having done great throughout the year in extension 1 english - it was my favourite subject, and i must admit that i felt a tiny pit disappointed. Of course, i don't know if the effort is worth it, as I am still delighted with my ATAR< which essentially can guarantee me entry into what I want to do.

Do you know if it costs money to get them recheck?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I wouldn't bother getting it checked if you've scored in any band 6's or E4's, because there is the chance you have a few mistakes, and also the marker was very strict.

It costs $14.50 per re-check for everything, but $28.00 for English.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
What if they gave you annoyingly close marks like anything 87 to 89 or an annoyingly horribly close 44/50?

NewiJapper

HSC
Should I do it for extension english? I got 38 in the exam and 43 for an assessment mark, but I was doing quite well all year. All of our english teachers are experience (4years+) HSC markers and they were marking my essay and story 23+. Did i just have a bad exam or could there be a bit if subjective marking going on? :p

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Can someone tell me where you are getting the idea that HSC markers mark 'harsh'?

Having marked the HSC since 1992 I can categorically say that I have always been told to mark easier at the HSC than at school - as these are the final time the students will attempt these questions so questions which at school I would give 5/10 will get 7/10 at HSC marking.

PCNQQn2

HSC
N/A
A recheck is not a re-mark.

They only check that everything you attempted was marked and that the marks were entered and calculated correctly.

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
Has anyone actually had any success with this in the past? i.e. the recheck resulted in additional marks (for which the student was originally eligible) being added.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)