HSC Results Countdown (3 Viewers)

HSC
N/A
what i need: 90/88/88/80
my predictions: 90/85/84/72
what im actually getting: 85/82/81/68

(already have a good mark from last year, so thats why 4 subjects)

wdhc15

HSC
Shit went down a bit last year so I ended up only doing two subjects in 2013, Standard English and General Maths. I hardly studied for General Maths at all because I was completely focussed on bumping up my mediocre English score because I got an embarrassing 47% on my trial, still ranked first which says something about how low my school is ranked. Got 77 in English which is a reasonable improvement considering I was expected to fail (not really knowing the system at that point in time) and got 90 in General Maths without really studying, which I was quite happy with, although is very much down to the ease of the subject. My total ineptitude at English still astounds me considering I am a decent writer in the humanities but can be pretty well explained by a complete lack of creative talent, an inability to understand poetry, a general lack of interest in fiction and what I now recognise as pretty appalling study techniques.

This year I had my three humanities subjects; Economics, Business Studies and Legal Studies. I have developed better study techniques, which is understandable because the first exam I had ever studied for was my English HSC last year, as going to school ranked in the mid500s and lower I was able to skate through, ranked first on natural ability without trying. (Seriously, after my English exam last year I asked my English teacher how to study, because I had no idea). Having gotten 90+ in every assessment this year and in every exam bar two trials (89% for Legal and Business) and having done ~20-25 past papers including HSC and Independent trials and having them marked by my teachers and getting marks in the Band Six territory for all and having got two 96s and a 95 as internal marks (I was told), I should be pretty confident and I largely am. Especially as in the HSC I got 18/20 for multiple choice in all three in five minutes (checked along with answers here). However, I'm still a little hesitant that I've been marked easily, especially when I see people here saying that they wrote 15+ page essays which seem impossible to me, even when I had iirc around two hours to do my essays on my exams due to extra time I had gotten myself on other sections I got nowhere near that, and quite frankly I don't see how I could.

Anyway, 84 leaves me a fair bit of room for generous internal marking anyway, according to ATAR calculators, I need an average of 84 across my three subjects (bit of a coincidence), that should be eminently doable, hell, if my teachers' marking is accurate I'll be close to at least a state rank, which seems ridiculous.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Shit went down a bit last year so I ended up only doing two subjects in 2013, Standard English and General Maths. I hardly studied for General Maths at all because I was completely focussed on bumping up my mediocre English score because I got an embarrassing 47% on my trial, still ranked first which says something about how low my school is ranked. Got 77 in English which is a reasonable improvement considering I was expected to fail (not really knowing the system at that point in time) and got 90 in General Maths without really studying, which I was quite happy with, although is very much down to the ease of the subject. My total ineptitude at English still astounds me considering I am a decent writer in the humanities but can be pretty well explained by a complete lack of creative talent, an inability to understand poetry, a general lack of interest in fiction and what I now recognise as pretty appalling study techniques.

This year I had my three humanities subjects; Economics, Business Studies and Legal Studies. I have developed better study techniques, which is understandable because the first exam I had ever studied for was my English HSC last year, as going to school ranked in the mid500s and lower I was able to skate through, ranked first on natural ability without trying. (Seriously, after my English exam last year I asked my English teacher how to study, because I had no idea). Having gotten 90+ in every assessment this year and in every exam bar two trials (89% for Legal and Business) and having done ~20-25 past papers including HSC and Independent trials and having them marked by my teachers and getting marks in the Band Six territory for all and having got two 96s and a 95 as internal marks (I was told), I should be pretty confident and I largely am. Especially as in the HSC I got 18/20 for multiple choice in all three in five minutes (checked along with answers here). However, I'm still a little hesitant that I've been marked easily, especially when I see people here saying that they wrote 15+ page essays which seem impossible to me, even when I had iirc around two hours to do my essays on my exams due to extra time I had gotten myself on other sections I got nowhere near that, and quite frankly I don't see how I could.

Anyway, 84 leaves me a fair bit of room for generous internal marking anyway, according to ATAR calculators, I need an average of 84 across my three subjects (bit of a coincidence), that should be eminently doable, hell, if my teachers' marking is accurate I'll be close to at least a state rank, which seems ridiculous.
tl;dr chill the fk out

like dis omg i hope its right
edit:
okay i fucked up how do i do it
you need to post the entire direct link

iStudent

HSC
smart, guaranteed 99.95
Punch in all those hsc marks into talents atar calculator. Make my own table tabulating all those scaled marks. Then do the same, converting aggregate to ATARs xD

Swaan

Stupid Fat Hobbit
HSC
Punch in all those hsc marks into talents atar calculator. Make my own table tabulating all those scaled marks. Then do the same, converting aggregate to ATARs xD
what are some of the more reliable atar calculators? talent 100? matrix? i got no idea

Confound

HSC
If it makes you guys feel any better, I get my semester 2 uni results from Macquarie University around the same time you guys get your ATAR and it will determine whether I am able to transfer universities or not. Obviously the higher the marks the better the chance.

Aiming for 85+ average mark, wish me luck :)

HSC
N/A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)