HSC Roll Call & thoughts thread (1 Viewer)

Brontecat

HSC
Who else is Business Studies Class of Twenty-Ten???

What do you think of the subject?
I find it fairly achieveable, not really challengeing but definitely interesting at times :D

swathard

HSC
Heyy!

Yep, I'm doing business studies for 2010 HSC. I think it's an alright subject. =]

adriano_negr0

HSC
Yer I'm doing good old bizzo. Pretty pumped and pleased with the content of the course at its fairly structured and i think i work well on structure :D

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
how even?

its pretty simple but other then that its reasonably interesting
Too many people take it, scales like shit, have to know the entire text book with all the little insignificant details and requires heaps of study
It's the only subject I honestly studied for and it will be my worst

cherii2007

HSC
Ugh. My year group is going to drag me down, aren't they? A few people got like 20% in their Prelim. finals, maybe even lower. None of them have dropped the subject. :|
I don't care enough about scaling though. I find business a pretty interesting subject, and I enjoy being able to have "business conversations" with my family, since everyone else has done Business-related study in the past. (and my lil bro is starting bus. studies course next year :p)

Just had my first assessment task for the HSC. It was worth 15%. Business report. Planned. Not sure how I went...not nearly prepared enough, but when I entered the classroom I was just HIT with all these words and ideas, and they just kept on pouring. I ended up writing 7 pages in an hour, which is a big achievement for me...though, you have to account for the lists and diagrams...
Business Studies isn't my favourite subject, no where near, but I still really enjoy it. I don't find myself have to really buckle down to get the work done. Sometimes I'm out of motivation, but it's not like English where I have to stress non-stop about it. >_<

Enchantress91

HSC
What I don't like about Business is that it's always the first one up on the HSC exam timetable.

I'm not the greatest fan of derivatives (in managing global business I think). What's a swap contract anyhow? The Qantas case study was a pain in the arse. Lol I've no idea how I managed to get a band 6.

My personal ratings for each topic:

Managing change = 5/5
Financial management = 3/5
Marketing = 5/5
Employment Relations = 4/5
Global business = 2/5

mRJoJo

Spacebook
HSC
N/A
Ugh. My year group is going to drag me down, aren't they? A few people got like 20% in their Prelim. finals, maybe even lower. None of them have dropped the subject. :|
I don't care enough about scaling though. I find business a pretty interesting subject, and I enjoy being able to have "business conversations" with my family, since everyone else has done Business-related study in the past. (and my lil bro is starting bus. studies course next year :p)

Just had my first assessment task for the HSC. It was worth 15%. Business report. Planned. Not sure how I went...not nearly prepared enough, but when I entered the classroom I was just HIT with all these words and ideas, and they just kept on pouring. I ended up writing 7 pages in an hour, which is a big achievement for me...though, you have to account for the lists and diagrams...
Business Studies isn't my favourite subject, no where near, but I still really enjoy it. I don't find myself have to really buckle down to get the work done. Sometimes I'm out of motivation, but it's not like English where I have to stress non-stop about it. >_<
haha same here
both my older sisters and dad work as brokers, marketing managers/directors
and I can finally understand what they're talking about :)

most probably my favourite subject, a shame it scales so low though

WingedEagle

HSC
Who else is Business Studies Class of Twenty-Ten???

What do you think of the subject?
I find it fairly achieveable, not really challengeing but definitely interesting at times :D
same. achievable, not challenging - honestly, the worst bit looks to be like putting together case studies - and my teacher did one of them for me. thats about the only challenging thing, the rest is common sense or pure memorisation - and its not hard memorisation either, like say.... english quotes!

anyone have a file on the case study?

Brontecat

HSC
try looking for the Qantas case study book, you might be able to find one at your local library - i posted up the website that has it in this thread http://community.boredofstudies.org/21/business-studies/228483/qantas-case-study.html - it's a book that i would definitely buy if I couldn't find it, it goes through all of Qantas in relation to the concepts of business studies & the syllabus

another helpful website for case studies - Business Studies | GCSE AS A Level Business Studies Resources | Teachers & Students Revision

i did find some of the financial stuff a bit hard to remember though, how did everyone else remember all the ratios?

missmaddi

HSC
I made myself a pretty, colourful slideshow which i watch when i have trouble remembering them as well as flashcards so i can study at work.

RachKB

HSC
I'm doing Business Studies.
I don't mind it, I do find it interesting but it is probably my least favourite subject.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
MEMEME

I dont like business, only because the teacher makes it boring :(

Whole class is almost asleep that she has to call out Wake Up everyone! atleast once a lesson..

hehe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)