HSC Science lovers (1 Viewer)

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
Make sure you know all the type of equations and how to balanced them out, after that learn all your formula's and how to apply them, by simply buying a book and list all the formula's and most most importantly, when ever you can't do a problem write it out, because in order for to maximise your Atar, you have to know every single dotpoint + your HSC content well enough so when you see a question you can say, yeah I did this one day. this is the only study method that will get you far, if you only rely on people to do your questions, they want do you HSC, will they?

plus, you need to start getting ready, if you really serious about HSC, here a site: CHEMICAL REACTIONS IN YEAR 11 get start ortherwise ( you will fail your HSC, if you can't do simply calculations).

METALS IN WATER

Reactive Metal + Liquid Water → Metal Hydroxide + Hydrogen Gas

E.g. Na(s) + H2O(l) → NaOH(aq) + H2(g)

Metal + Steam → Metal Oxide + Hydrogen Gas

E.g. Zn(s) + H2O(g) → ZnO(s) + H2(g)

COMBUSTION OF A METAL

Metal + Oxygen Gas → Metal Oxide

E.g. 2Mg(s) + O2(g) → MgO(s)

COMBUSTION OF A CARBON COMPOUND

Hydrocarbon + Oxygen → Carbon Dioxide Gas + Liquid Water

E.g. 2C8H18(l) + 25O2(g) → 16CO2(g) + 18H2O(l)

METALS WITH ACIDS

Metal + Acid → Salt + Hydrogen gas

E.G. Zn(s) + 2HCl(aq) → ZnCl2(aq) + H2(g)

CARBONATES WITH ACIDS

Carbonate + Acid → Salt + Carbon Dioxide Gas + Liquid Water

E.g. Na2CO3(aq) + 2HCl(aq) → 2NaCl(aq) + CO2(g) + H2O(l)

OXIDATION

Metal → Metal Ion + Electron/s

E.g. Cu(s) → Cu2+(aq) + 2e-

REDUCTION

Metal Ion + Electron/s → Metal

E.g. Ag+(aq) + e- → Ag(s)

REDOX (REDUCTION-OXIDATION REACTIONS)

This reaction involves the transfer of electron/s from one reactant to another. This thus results in both a reduction and oxidation reaction occurring. To obtain the redox reaction, you can either write the net ionic equation for a displacement reaction (option 1) or add reduction and oxidation reactions together (option 2).

E.g. OPTION 1:

Cu(s) + 2AgNO3(aq) → Cu(NO3)2(aq) + 2Ag(s)

Cu(s) + 2Ag+(aq) + 2NO3- → Cu2+(aq) + 2NO3- + 2Ag(s)

Cu(s) + 2Ag+(aq) + 2NO3- → Cu2+(aq) + 2NO3- + 2Ag(s)

Cu(s) + 2Ag+(aq) → Cu2+(aq) + 2Ag(s)

E.g. OPTION 2

NOTE: BOTH THE CONSERVATION OF MASS AND CHARGE MUST BE SHOWN IN YOUR EQUATION!

Cu(s) → Cu2+(aq) + 2e-

+

2Ag+(aq) + 2e- → 2Ag(s)

Cu(s) + 2Ag+(aq) + 2e- → Cu2+(aq) + 2e- + 2Ag(s)

Cu(s) + 2Ag+(aq) + 2e- → Cu2+(aq) + 2e- + 2Ag(s)

Cu(s) + 2Ag+(aq) → Cu2+(aq) + 2Ag(s)

PHOTOSYNTHESIS

Carbon Dioxide Gas + Liquid Water → Solid Glucose + Oxygen Gas

I.e. 6CO2(g) + 6H2O(l) → C6H12O6(s) + 6O2(g)

RESPIRATION

Aqueous Glucose + Oxygen Gas → Carbon Dioxide Gas + Liquid Water

I.e. C6H12O6(s) + 6O2(g) → 6CO2(g) + 6H2O(l)

LIME WATER TEST (LIME WATER AND CARBON DIOXIDE)

Calcium hydroxide + Gaseous carbon dioxide → Solid calcium carbonate + liquid water

I.e. Ca(OH)2(aq) + CO2(g) → CaCO3(s) + H2O(l)

here is all you need for chemistry year 11, let m e know if you also need the year 12, you can search on on matrix education on Google. ( credit oes to matrix education for there wonderful site! helping thousands of students)

here is the formula you will ever need your year 11 ( I repeat this follows for yar 12, so learn them well know to make your self easily in year 12).

n=m/Mm'

n= v/Mv

here is another site showing you balancing chemical equations! www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFIbPlgDREI

another one from talent 100 tutor ( he is good, goes through the steps of chemical calaltions, lol) www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rPUuUBt_zk:

good luck, study hard you will succeed, when ever you don't understand something, seek help, trust me you don't want to go in the exam and say if only I did this then I would have gotten full marks,

three steps for every year 11 students, no matter what the course/subject is

understand, apply, practice quetsions ( especially for chem/bio/physics, maths)

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
Here is all the year 12 chemistry chemical equations, for everyone doing the Trials for chemistry: Note: If you know this you will ace the Trials and plus summaries all you notes into dotpoints and re-writing them is extremely sufficient and effective becasue guess what why is that your not getting 100%, simp,y becasue your knowledge is depth enough, so buy writing your notes even if you hve 2 days left is very efectvely then studyin by just reading, which is not effective for the information getting inot your brain. if you write, you will remember 90% of the information in your exam.

so here is all the chemical equations you must know for 12 HSC: ( credit goes too matrix education for their wondersful support, which helped me throughout HSC).

http://www.matrix.edu.au/chemical-reactions-year-12-chemistry-students-must-know/

if you ever need any extra help, PM or simply post your quetsion here!

Good luck to everyone, hope you smash your chemistry Trials, After trials come back and post your results here, we will see you got above 90%.

ALSO don't forget to post your notes or anything for future students here!

I will apload my band 6 chem notes after Trials here, when I am not very busy studying!

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
Guys start sharing, your questions and ideas anything about the upcoming trails or if you have done you trails post your thoughts!

Enjoy guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)