HSC Speaking Examination (1 Viewer)

sykoticx

HSC
So how did everyone go today?!

T_T""" I was so nervous I didn't talk enough or I added unnecessary words.. such as desu.. mg... "amari shimasen desu..."

><"" im so screwed.. there goes band 6..
now extension next week...

Raikiri

HSC
Well I understood the questions and answered them all. So that makes me happy XD

jazzmuzik

HSC
I had mine today with 3 other girls, it was sweeeeet! I'm so happy. I got all the expected questions and there were a few i stumbled on but overall i was very pleased with how it went, and much improved on my first speaking experience :s

sykoticx

HSC
argh! everyone looked so happy when they left.. i was the only one who looked devastated.. ><""
i hope i demonstrated a large variety of vocabulary and senior structures...

nitnit

HSC
Overall, I'm quite happy with mines!

I thought they were going to ask me lots of random questions but they only asked me a few which was pretty okay...

I was soo happy after the exam and I must say the BOS people and my examiner were really really nice!! So thats one HSC exam down =D

Hope everyone else did okay!!! :wave:

nandayo

ismist
HSC
Mine went alright, I could answer all the questions and there wasn't anything I didn't understand...but for some questions I gave one semi-long response, when there should have been a few more - and for others I gave four of five sentences...so I have no idea how I'm going to go.

I can barely remember the interview, anyone else feel the same? Just flew.

nitnit

HSC
nandayo said:
Mine went alright, I could answer all the questions and there wasn't anything I didn't understand...but for some questions I gave one semi-long response, when there should have been a few more - and for others I gave four of five sentences...so I have no idea how I'm going to go.

I can barely remember the interview, anyone else feel the same? Just flew.
YES!! The 10mins flew by sooo fast!! AND there was so many other topics they didnt even test me!!! When she said "The examination has finished" I was like to her "is that it??" LOL SHe was like, "yes I know! everyone says that!!!"

But all in all, i hope I can still get the band 6 despite the random questions...

nandayo

ismist
HSC
So is a Band 6 in speaking 18-20? Which would make B5 15-17? etc. etc.

Is that how it works?

nitnit

HSC
nandayo said:
So is a Band 6 in speaking 18-20? Which would make B5 15-17? etc. etc.

Is that how it works?
nono!! Band 6 is 17-20

Platinum

HSC
I think that I did quite well....the examiner was extremely nice and varied between easier and harder questions. If I can replicate my trial mark of 18/20 then I'll be very very happy ^.^

wenruoshi

HSC
I think I went alright...she didn't ask me about traveling much which I prepared so much for it.....there are also questions that i didn't expect but generally it's fine....I answered all of them ....ha!
The examiner was really nice so I wasn't that nervous....
but I still saw some people full depressed after the exam.......||||
anyways have to work on extension speaking now >"<!!!!

HSC
sykoticx said:
So how did everyone go today?!

T_T""" I was so nervous I didn't talk enough or I added unnecessary words.. such as desu.. mg... "amari shimasen desu..."

><"" im so screwed.. there goes band 6..
now extension next week...
all is not lost though. remember it's 20% of your exam mark, you can still make up the rest of it in the other sections :)

Half-Blood

HSC
Usually speaking tends to be my best section but today... well it wasn't BAD it was just that they seemed to ask very basic questions which meant that I could only give really basic answers...
Anyway... good luck for xtn ppl next saturday... anyone doing it in Newtown @9 ?

kirsty2478

HSC
I was surprised by how calm I was beforehand. I stumbled a bit but pretty happy.
The lady I had had a sore throat and was almost whispering! HA. She asked so many questions about friends.. Your fav friend, what type of person they are, do you go to the movies with them etc.. In my head I was thinking enough already.
I really wish I knew what i got....

Sweet Saz

HSC
I felt really good while I was in the exam though my heart was going so fast I thought it would jump out of my chest. I felt confident answering the questions. Mostly I got simple base questions (which was good cause that's pretty much all I can handle) then they got harder as she asked questions about what I'd said. Everytime I think back on it I think of something I could have said or a structure I should have used but hey it's over. No more stress! (about speaking anyway). I'd really like to know the individual mark for it though. It's be interesting to see how I went.
Good luck to everyone who has their extension exam to go.

Sharleexx

HSC
Everytime I think back on it I think of something I could have said or a structure I should have used
^^
Same here! LOL.

Oh well, thank god it's over.. I've got ext. trials on Monday, and then the real thing on Saturday. I had a 5 minute conversation (in english) with the examiner at the end about the ext. exam.. she said it's not as nervewrecking as this one.. lol so that sort of helped me become less nervous about it.

Ahaha, all the best for ext.-ners next week! =]

Last edited:

sykoticx

HSC
Half-Blood said:
Usually speaking tends to be my best section but today... well it wasn't BAD it was just that they seemed to ask very basic questions which meant that I could only give really basic answers...
Anyway... good luck for xtn ppl next saturday... anyone doing it in Newtown @9 ?
I AM.. Lucky I live closeby so its convenient..
I don't wanna have to wake up at 7 and leave to get there by liek 8:30...

kkewi90

MUAHAHHAHAA~~
HSC
Half-Blood said:
they seemed to ask very basic questions which meant that I could only give really basic answers...
I TOTALLY AGREE!! my examiner asked most most basic Qs so i couldnt really expand and demonstrate depth of knowlegde etcetc

i wanna go newton for extension!! im going to james cook at 9, soo far T_T

love2eight

HSC
I think it went okay, but I guess I cant say anything until I know my marks...They asked me really random questions that I didn't hear since Year 9 Japanese and really, really, random questions about food...But I guess thats the whole part of the exam :)

Extension!! Gah, I did my trials today for it and I completley messed uP!! the classroom didnt have a digital timer, it only had a clock so you had to watch the minute hand as you are concentrating on speaking...then, i spoke for 1 question for 3 1/2 minutes!! Dammit, then I had to rush the 2nd one...Fingers crossed for Sunday I guess...:mad1:

Sharleexx

HSC
love2eight said:
I think it went okay, but I guess I cant say anything until I know my marks...They asked me really random questions that I didn't hear since Year 9 Japanese and really, really, random questions about food...But I guess thats the whole part of the exam :)

Extension!! Gah, I did my trials today for it and I completley messed uP!! the classroom didnt have a digital timer, it only had a clock so you had to watch the minute hand as you are concentrating on speaking...then, i spoke for 1 question for 3 1/2 minutes!! Dammit, then I had to rush the 2nd one...Fingers crossed for Sunday I guess...:mad1:
Yeah, they did seem to ask really random questions. They asked me about music alot, infact it was the first question.. and just dragged on till the end. It was annoying.. because I couldn't really express my knowledge of Japanese with music. I don't listen to Japanese music or know any bands.. so half the time I was speaking Katakana.. lol. 'Watashi wa, anoe.. 'yerrow-car-do' (yellowcard) to 'eba-mo'(evermore) no ongaku ga dai suki des'.. lol dodgy.

ALSO, she asked me the same questions TWICE!..

Examiner: 'How long do you study on a weekday?'
Me: 'about 3 hours..?'
Examiner: 'How long do you study on weekends?'
Me: ..'umm.. around 5 hours'
Examiner: 'Sugoee des ne?'

5 minutes later..

Examiner: 'How long do you study on a weekday?'
Me: 'about 3 hours..?'
Examiner: 'How long do you study on weekends?'
Me: ..'umm.. around 5 hours'

LOL, like wth??

and 3 and a half minutes for your trial answer? I wish I had that much to say to the questions asked.. ahaha I seriously messed up my trials for ext. speaking. I'm lucky if I even spoke for 50 seconds on each. I just wanted to get out of the room.. and yeah! Even my room didn't have a digital clock. It was the cheap classroom ones. ERGH!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)