HSC Standard/Advanced Paper 1 Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
It was reasonably difficult tbh, but felt similar to my trials:

Section 1 was definitely weird, but upon looking back I am confident ~
Section 2 really REALLY threw me off at first, but since then I think I have done well and hopefully they see my 2 perspectives
Section 3 I really wished for 2 relates ( ;) ) but that's okay, question felt very easy for me

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Did anyone's prescribed text really fit the essay question?

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Holy macaroni that test was odd, barely finished it

S1: all my answers were total BS, hopefully the quotes and techniques I chucked in there are enough
S2: managed to put the quote in, but didn’t know how to put in two perspectives. Hopefully past/present perspectives are enough?
S3: the question fit my texts, but my essay was just waffle :(

entartung

HSC
Was the essay question about rediscovery? I didn't think about that at all

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Holy macaroni that test was odd, barely finished it

S1: all my answers were total BS, hopefully the quotes and techniques I chucked in there are enough
S2: managed to put the quote in, but didn’t know how to put in two perspectives. Hopefully past/present perspectives are enough?
S3: the question fit my texts, but my essay was just waffle :(
Hopefully a good quality waffle ;)

PikyoK

HSC
Short answers: Good! Weird layout especially with the mark allocation. I had to generalise a few points but I think I did OK in this section. :)
Creative: Did not have much time in that! I think I did really poor in that section but at least I got down the main points! I think I didn't mention the quote. I hope the markers are fine with that :eek:
Essay: Totally Nailed It! Question was wierd at first but accomplishable. :D

Overall I spent a lot of time on the essay; that's why my creative was quite short. Hopefully, the markers will be fine with that.

fan96

617 pages
HSC
Uni Grad
Gray’s Flames and Dangling Wires would probably be a good fit. I didn’t use it though.

A lot of people in my year argued against the question.

PikyoK

HSC
The essay question went like this: "Discovery is not always new, nor is it always joyful"

JaxsenW

HSC
if they say 'to what extent' are we allowed to agree on some parts of the statement and disagree on other parts of the statement? or does it have to be a full yes or no
Really hope you can present both sides and then make a statement about how much you think the question applies...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

brbstudying

HSC
Section i: I thought it was good. I think spent too long on the 5 mark question, though. Like in trials I lost 2 marks from the last question because I left it last minute and it was rushed, so I made sure to do the last question first, but that just detracted time from the other questions and therefore I had to leave those last minute and rushed them ~.~
Section ii: My favourite part of the exam - the stimulus fit my creative so well, I really enjoyed writing/adapting it
Section iii: Question was good, but my time management was awful so with 5 minutes left, I had to cut my last paragraph short by like half and quickly scribble a conclusion

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
if they say 'to what extent' are we allowed to agree on some parts of the statement and disagree on other parts of the statement? or does it have to be a full yes or no
I think you can. I ended up emphasising the “always” part and wrote that discoveries can be new and rediscovering something old, and that discoveries can be joyful and confronting.
I swear I used the word confronting about 20 times in my essay lmao

whatafeeling

HSC
Section 1: the poem made no sense to me so i wasted time trying to figure out techniques and what not, but it's the section i'm most confident in
Section 2: my prepared creative fit well with the stimulus but I have to cut my story down because of time!
Section 3: it was ok i guess

overall: pretty average test imo

also why is everyone saying they expected 2 related? They are never gunna do that, its like 99% they will never ask for 2 related.

Frostguard

HSC
Imao the creative writing and essay questions were so weirdly specific
Like two perspectives??? Terrifying? Magnificent? Familiar? Utterly alien solid gonna get PTSD if I ever see any of these words again
And the essay about discovery not being ' new' or having 'joy' like what?? The whole discovery rubric doesn't give me joy :mad2:

Frostguard

HSC
Section 1: the poem made no sense to me so i wasted time trying to figure out techniques and what not, but it's the section i'm most confident in
Section 2: my prepared creative fit well with the stimulus but I have to cut my story down because of time!
Section 3: it was ok i guess

overall: pretty average test imo

also why is everyone saying they expected 2 related? They are never gunna do that, its like 99% they will never ask for 2 related.
It was because they did it back in 2008 at the end of Journeys and people thought since they're ending Discovery this year they might chuck us a dirty and thank god they didn't lol

Powereaper

HSC
Did anyone's prescribed text really fit the essay question?
I think Tempest would have (which is mine), but I didn't talk about rediscovery of forgiveness for Prospero, cause justifying how his value of forgiveness was 'hidden' is kind of dodgy.
So, I just disagreed with it, but agreed with the 'no joy' part

HSC
I think you can. I ended up emphasising the “always” part and wrote that discoveries can be new and rediscovering something old, and that discoveries can be joyful and confronting.
I swear I used the word confronting about 20 times in my essay lmao
question statement was something like 'discoveries are not always new and not always joyful' to what extent...

for my prescribed i said the author showed that discoveries CAN be new but NOT always joyful (but rather confronting)
for my related i said the author showed that discoveries are NOT always new (rediscovery) but CAN be joyful

is this okay?

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
question statement was something like 'discoveries are not always new and not always joyful' to what extent...

for my prescribed i said the author showed that discoveries CAN be new but NOT always joyful (but rather confronting)
for my related i said the author showed that discoveries are NOT always new (rediscovery) but CAN be joyful

is this okay?
Should be, that's essentially what I did so hopefully we're good :0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)