HSC Stress! Pls help me! Atar estimate got me depressed :( (1 Viewer)

jonny94

HSC
Just got my ranks evaluated here and predicted at a 60 ATAR, I need minimum 66 ATAR for the course I want!

FFS i only have Trials and HSC left? Is it possible? I know Im not the brightest student on here but what if I giveit 110% is it possible?

Heres my ranks:

School Rank: 180

Standard English: 106/113
Design Technology: 11/13
Business Studies: 39/44
Ancient History: 27/30
Automotive TAFE: 2/10

ESTIMATE: 60 :(

Last edited:

SuperHornet

HSC
Remember its only an estimate if your start studying hard you should be able to reach 66

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey getting from a 60 to 66 is not so hard-only a small jump in effort will warrant returns. It is comparatively much easier than going from say an 84 to 90. The curve is like an exponential.

You have plenty of time to push the ranks up to get the ATAR of 66 :)

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
With an attitude of 'I'm going to fail', you will no doubt, fail. To prevent this, stop thiking on the negatives and focus on the positives and work to achieve that goal of yours. :)

bladeys

HSC
N/A
With an attitude of 'I'm going to fail', you will no doubt, fail. To prevent this, stop thiking on the negatives and focus on the positives and work to achieve that goal of yours. :)
+1, going from a 60 to 70 is so much easier than going from a 99.5 to a 99.95 simply because you can improve so much. Your ranks indicate you have done poorly all year so stop making excuses and just get down to work and work hard. Trust me when I say you dont want to look at your ATAR the day you receive it and wish you had just put in more effort throughout the year

jonny94

HSC
Thanks for all your support! Just wondering... what marks do I need in my Trials and HSC to push me up? Thanks! Please reply!

Standard English: /100
Design Technology: /100
Business Studies: /100
Ancient History: /100
Automotive TAFE: /100

Remember its only an estimate if your start studying hard you should be able to reach 66
Ok, Im just very nervous!

Hey getting from a 60 to 66 is not so hard-only a small jump in effort will warrant returns. It is comparatively much easier than going from say an 84 to 90. The curve is like an exponential.

You have plenty of time to push the ranks up to get the ATAR of 66 :)
Ive only got Trials and HSC? :(

True, thanks for that!

+1, going from a 60 to 70 is so much easier than going from a 99.5 to a 99.95 simply because you can improve so much. Your ranks indicate you have done poorly all year so stop making excuses and just get down to work and work hard. Trust me when I say you dont want to look at your ATAR the day you receive it and wish you had just put in more effort throughout the year
Ok ok Im gonna aim to get 80%+ in all subjects, 90%+ in Auto TAFE and 70%+ in Ancient

You're the toughest guy, stay smart, be cool
Wut? lol

An estimate only holds as an estimate. You can change things.
Thats the thing, for the better or the worse?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Ive only got Trials and HSC?
Yes but they are worth the most. Trials are worth 30-50% of internal rank normally. (At my school they are worth 30-40% depending on subject) And HSC is worth 50% of your mark as it makes your external.

So really you still have a massive percentage to make up cause they are worth more.

jonny94

HSC
Sigh....

So is there hope if I get the following marks in my Trials and HSC?

Standard English: 75%
Design Technology: 80%
Business Studies: 80%
Ancient History: 70%
Automotive TAFE: 95%

Demise

HSC
So what if you don't get the ATAR you require? It's not the be all end all. If you don't get your ATAR, you take one of the countless pathways to get into your degree/course/preference in a year or so, so relax, breathe, and study to go well in your trials, you can change your ranks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)