HSC Success Seminar...? (1 Viewer)

gk0608

HSC
hey guys I was just wondering if anyone who has already been to these 'free' seminars can tell me if they're any good. Also are there any strings attatched, because I'v booked a couple of seats but I don't want to waste my time if all they spend most of the time pressuring people into purchasing pointless products.

wendym

HSC
if its by Mental Blank
DONT GO
Ive already written about my experience of it in another thread
which is currently either on top/bottom of this one. I think
my response was on pg 3 . Basically, they will talk about 'memory techniques' etc, which is the lead-up in trying to get you to sign up
for this study program which adds up to $4000 or somewhere along the lines of that. I'm not kidding ! So yes, they are trying to get you to buy something in the end. It's a waste of time, most people left the building really fast (too bad
the lift couldnt fit everyone in at the same time) Read my response in the other person's thread who also asked about this .

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Mental Blank = Biggest marketing schemers

nandison

HSC
i went to the mental blank thing and it was alright but , it was so far and it was only for one night , it helped but i reckon if your gonna go then its only worth it , if your gonna sign up and suscribe.

ASDFGHJKL:""

HSC
The only worthwhile lectures are paid ones, free lectures are just spam.

gk0608

HSC
yeh it is the mental blank seminars. I was skeptical to begin with, but now i'm definitely not going. I think i'll just pay and go for the edassist seminars, I'v been to a couple before and they were pretty good. Thanks everyone for the advice =]

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Undermyskin said:
Maybe I won't go...
I heard of this seminar when I did my HSC.
The prices were repulsive ($100 approx ?).
I didn't attend and yet performed so well in the HSC.
Only you can find your own true and complete meaning of success.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Oh it is alright. i signed up for the $395 dollar one-day seminar. On 14th June.

I wrote about it in another thread. i went today :).

Hey guys,:)

I just got back from the HSC Mental Blank seminar at Museum from 11am to 12:30pm. It was really useful to me. I learnt some techniques for exams. At the end they gave us a form to enrol for a one day seminar which was usually $495 but it was going to be for $395 for 6 hours. We had to make a deposit of $50 today.

I have been reading the posts in this thread and even though i heard some negative comments but i really wanted to go. Yes, i did put my deposit in today of $50 and next week on saturday for 6 hours they will bring in a ENGLISH perfectionist who got a perfect english mark of 100 and they will include lots of other resources very USEFUL. Can't wait need to pay the rest $345 next week.

Thats like 60 dollars an hour. ARhhh so much but mum forced me, i was like i will do it next year but my mum said " Do it now" and i was like okay then because i didn't want to waste my mum's money for just 6 hours but if she was definitely sure. i just followed her.

Well im gonna go to that Special one day seminar. NOT FREE MUST PAY.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
dux&src said:
Oh it is alright. i signed up for the $395 dollar one-day seminar. On 14th June.

I wrote about it in another thread. i went today :).

Hey guys,:)

I just got back from the HSC Mental Blank seminar at Museum from 11am to 12:30pm. It was really useful to me. I learnt some techniques for exams. At the end they gave us a form to enrol for a one day seminar which was usually $495 but it was going to be for $395 for 6 hours. We had to make a deposit of $50 today.

I have been reading the posts in this thread and even though i heard some negative comments but i really wanted to go. Yes, i did put my deposit in today of $50 and next week on saturday for 6 hours they will bring in a ENGLISH perfectionist who got a perfect english mark of 100 and they will include lots of other resources very USEFUL. Can't wait need to pay the rest $345 next week.

Thats like 60 dollars an hour. ARhhh so much but mum forced me, i was like i will do it next year but my mum said " Do it now" and i was like okay then because i didn't want to waste my mum's money for just 6 hours but if she was definitely sure. i just followed her.

Well im gonna go to that Special one day seminar. NOT FREE MUST PAY.
why would u spend so much for the school cert??????? :S

dux&src

HSC
hollyy. said:
why would u spend so much for the school cert??????? :S
It is not really just for the school certificate but more about general studying techniques. I already made the $50 deposit so i will have to go next week to add another $345. LOL i think i am the only one who actually paid for the other sessions where its 6 hours long out of all the people who posted in this thread.

lolcal

buy my notes
HSC
N/A
ahahahahahhaha you are in year 10, and paid $395 to be spoken to by someone to got 100 in english.

you're fucking nuts.

and lol, dux and src? got any other insignificant achievements you'd like to share? did you win $2 on a scratchie once?

valluvar

HSC
oh leave the boy alone.. those achievements are significant.. for now anyways..

valluvar

HSC
i went and twaz good=) well for me anyways=) u dont need it but its helpful=)

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
so i guess you could spill on what exactly is the biggest mistake that all students make and how to stop procrastinating in <10 seconds?

whatusername?

HSC
yea they dont really tell u that stuff...i went to the museum one. the presenter was really good- like a fucking brilliant salesman- but that is what he was- a salesman. It doesnt neccessarily reflect the quality of the course. (For those who were there- those two memory tests were so rigged. in the first one we had like 2 minutes to remember everything. We had at least 10 minutes for the second.) But yea they really went back on their promise to tell us about the single biggest problem kids make and how to stop procrastinating. Also, everyone should have recognised instantly that it was all a sales pitch- why else do u think that a requirement of entry was to bring a parent?
more importantly, im trying to find out if anyone who has been to this course before thought it was anygood. even more, i wanna know if anyone can find trustworthy, non-biased websites that have assessed the quality of the course(such as Choice magazine or the consumer association- though ive tried both and they dont). btw, i dont know where ppl are getting this $4000 course from- the one they offered to us was $997 (cut to $777 if we sign up there) and for 2 days. Also they reckon that if u dont like the course after having completed it u can just give the stuff they gave u back and they'll totally refund u.
but yes opinions and non-biased assessments anyone?
EDIT: can someone plz tell me by tomorro? ive already paid the deposit and u can only cancel within seven days- meaning tomorro is my last chance to cancel otherwise i have to cough up 777

Last edited:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
whatusername? said:
yea they dont really tell u that stuff...i went to the museum one. the presenter was really good- like a fucking brilliant salesman- but that is what he was- a salesman. It doesnt neccessarily reflect the quality of the course. (For those who were there- those two memory tests were so rigged. in the first one we had like 2 minutes to remember everything. We had at least 10 minutes for the second.) But yea they really went back on their promise to tell us about the single biggest problem kids make and how to stop procrastinating. Also, everyone should have recognised instantly that it was all a sales pitch- why else do u think that a requirement of entry was to bring a parent?
more importantly, im trying to find out if anyone who has been to this course before thought it was anygood. even more, i wanna know if anyone can find trustworthy, non-biased websites that have assessed the quality of the course(such as Choice magazine or the consumer association- though ive tried both and they dont). btw, i dont know where ppl are getting this $4000 course from- the one they offered to us was $997 (cut to $777 if we sign up there) and for 2 days. Also they reckon that if u dont like the course after having completed it u can just give the stuff they gave u back and they'll totally refund u.
but yes opinions and non-biased assessments anyone?
EDIT: can someone plz tell me by tomorro? ive already paid the deposit and u can only cancel within seven days- meaning tomorro is my last chance to cancel otherwise i have to cough up 777
I read through most of your post and then I got to the bottom and thought, "If you're criticising the seminar, why the hell did you pay the deposit?"

dux&src

HSC
Aplus said:
I read through most of your post and then I got to the bottom and thought, "If you're criticising the seminar, why the hell did you pay the deposit?"
i agree. Why lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)