HSC topic not finished (1 Viewer)

hrth76

HSC
N/A
What happens if we get to the end of the term and a teacher hasn't finished teaching us everything?? Can we appeal?

astroman

HSC
No, and i highly doubt you won't be able to finish the course, even if you do, the teacher is going to most probably print out sheets and get you to do them throughout the holidays so you can learn it yourself.

HSC
They will tell you that the information is in the textbook and make you learn it yourself. Still, anything you can't next a grasp of, email them?

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
no, definitely not
it is up to you to make sure you know it all. They will try to do as much as they can.

klee98

HSC
What happens? Nothing. You're just going to have to sit the exam without completing the exam.

Can we appeal? Appeal what? To do the HSC on a later date? You can give it a try by writing a heartfelt letter to BOSTES.

Here's some options:
1) What you can do is write an online article and tear down that school's reputation. Get some momentum by making it viral, and then force them to sack the teacher and make a public apology. Hopefully other schools would be in on it, and eventually forcing them to shut down.
2) You could sue them, i don't know on what grounds, but who cares? They are liable for not giving you a proper education. You'll get compensated for it and hopefully you'll be well off.
3) You could just learn the topics by yourself, and completing the HSC knowing that you didn't need a teacher and would be better off at the start of the year if you were homeschooled.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The only time I have had a teacher not finish a course by the date of the year 12 graduation she simply had the students stay at school for the rest of that day and come in on the Monday to finish it.

I always plan to finish the course with about a week to go but one year it was 10 minutes - largely due to two factors - one was an unexpected illness on my part two weeks from the end of the course and no teacher employed to replace me while the other factor was an unmotivated class who did nothing to help themselves.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
What happens if we get to the end of the term and a teacher hasn't finished teaching us everything?? Can we appeal?
Well you're on Bored of Studies... Surely you would have ventured to a notes section by now instead of sitting there unproductive thinking of ways of get free marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)