HSC X1 2018 Predictions (1 Viewer)

HoldingOn

HSC
Predictions for our paper? I'm thinking it will be hard since last year was so easy but maybe not since they are trying to encourage people into STEM...

HeroWise

HSC
Imma be the last year doing the 3u hsc in 2019, wellll Binomial coefficient is a candidate, perms and combs, binomial probability isnt that hard just gotta be careful. Proj motion all the way. Inverse, i dont think would go that indepth, probs a sketch or those volume/area 2u qtns with inverse. MIscellaneous all the way.

I reckon our exam will have binomial coeffs, its getting removed in the new sylabus

JaxsenW

HSC
Hopefully none of the abstract binomial proofs :/
A fair few marks on projectiles would be great, and maybe some binomial probability wouldnt be too bad either...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HeroWise

HSC
Those binomial proofs are getting easier last time i remember them being hard was 2004 and 2014,

JaxsenW

HSC
Those binomial proofs are getting easier last time i remember them being hard was 2004 and 2014,
This is true, however, some of them feel extremely intuitive. I feel as if, if you dont immediately see how to solve (ie. Can be as simple as sub in x=1 or whatever), then you either lose marks on maths you could do, or at the very least waste time trying to see it...
Idk, just not my favourite types of questions [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HeroWise

HSC
I feel u,
Idk i feel like starring in a detective show when doing those qtns

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
The difficulty of Extension 1 is now honestly a joke. Honestly the 2u exam was harder than 3u if you look at the knowledge and skills of each candidature.
I don't expect 3u to be difficult, its was stupidly easy last year. Last years question 14 6 marks of basic differentiation?!

Although NESA might read our comments and make it hard on purpose :p

Expecting a projectile motion final question

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Last year's paper was honestly a gift ~ Especially that 6 mark differentiation as previously mentioned ~ Hoping that Binomial isn't Q14 yeah, that's probably my weakest area (Not sure why but oh well). Any SHM or Proj should be good, circle geo is honestly very doable, even 4U isn't thaaat hard (Regardless of whether I get it or not xD)

HeroWise

HSC
Yeah Last qtn of Fitzpatrick induction chapter iirc 24 smthn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)