• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

hsc year- understanding atar (1 Viewer)

etoile rouge

HSC
Hey,
I don't really get the whole atar thing. How hard is it to get 90+. With my subjects i don't know if i can. i do society and culture, english adv, eng ex1, general maths, bio, mod history, ext. his and french beginners. I'm somewhere in the top 4 except ext. history. But then again my school isn't selective.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
90+ is pretty doable with your subjects. Just make sure you get high Band 5s and a couple of Band 6s in everything.

Last edited:

Tofuu

HSC
as long as you're in the top 10%-20% of each subject, 90+ atar is possible

90+ is pretty doable with your subjects. Just make sure you get high Band 5s and a couple of Band 6s in everything.
+1

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
90 is actually quite easy to get, if you do the right subjects. However, 90 is doable for all subjects - it's just that if you do the crap scalers (you do not), you have to work extra hard to get close to 90, and the average student doesn't get that usually.

Of your subjects, I am weary of General Math alone. So you'll be fine! Just work hard enough and ye shall receive an ATAR above 90.

ATAR is not affected by school rank either. It's your exam performance and your HSC mark, I believe.

lychnobity

HSC
90 is piss easy. Scaling can work wonders.

Work your ass off to counter the scaling of bio and general. And ace everything.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Can't really say how easy it is. If you're capable of doing high scaling subjects, then it will be easy to get over 90. But just because you don't do high scaling subjects, it doesn't mean you won't get over 90.. it just means it won't be as easy.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
The ease of getting 90+ depends on the person, but to be honest it isn't that hard.

Just make sure you really ace general maths.

lubeet520

HSC
the difficulty of 90+ really depends on the person, there's no absolute measure of 'how hard it is' to get 90+

But generlaly speaking, 90+ means you need to be in the top 16% of the HSC population

This could be 'hard' if you're not a studious person, if you're surrounded by unmotivated teachers and friends who don't care about study / future.

This could be 'piss easy' if you have motivated friends / teachers / parents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)