Human Rights case (1 Viewer)

Lorie

HSC
I was just wondering what human rights cases people have prepared, both local and international.

Lorie

HSC
haha, you could probably get away with it, because they wouldn't know about all the cases.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
yups,
thats like english supplementary materials
i reckon you can make it up provided you use the right techniques for the different mediums

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
wtf! don't MAKE them up hahahaha use a current international or domestic issue, is this what you're asking about Lorie? a big one is asylum seekers

Lorie

HSC
yeah asylum seekers seems to be the popular one, especially children on detention centres

Has anyone looked into the situation in Zimbabwe with Robert Magabue?

Ziff

HSC
N/A
There are MANY things you can look at:
- Iraq before the USA invaded e.g. Uday and Qusay OR Saddam and the Kurds
- Abu-Ghraib Prison
- Guantanemo Bay detainees
- Mugabe and the Whites in Zimbabwe
- The contiinuing struggle of the Kurds in Iraq and Turkey
- North Korea
- Burma/Myanmar and Aun San Suu Kyi (That's probably spelty wrong)
- Australia and its Detention of Asylum Seekers (particular children in regards to CROC)
- YOU CAN NO LONGER LOOK AT MANDATORY DETENTION! Since the WA and NT have introduced Labor governments, this is no longer a policy, hence no longer a contemporary human rights struggle...

Rogue1987

A human rights case example

To Lorie:
I'm thinking about doing mine on religious persecution of Christians by the Laos government, or other governments such as North Korea, China and Malaysia. This violates Article 18 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) that says everyone has the right to "Freedom of religious belief...." and then go on about how the government has responded to this violation, in many cases, they have defied the UDHR by their actions in forcing people to negate their new faith, even using violence or threats of violence in most cases.

There are a tonne of information on religous persecution all around the world, or you could also find out information about the Rewanda massacre or genocide. There are many conflicts in which genocide has occured, hence violating the human right "everyone has the right to life" - whatever Article that is.

Local, probably Australia's Detention Centres for Asylum Seekers.

Teoh

Lol damn straight santaslayer
As well as Sierra leone, or sudan, or rwanda...

Lorie

HSC
wow, i haven't even heard of some of these cases. But i guess you only need to know enough to fill 12 lines.

JackieLloyd

Child Sex Tourism:

australia has passed legislation against it, but most poor asian countries are unwilling because it is so profitable

Case study: john arthur lee

alessandra

HSC
hey i am kinda doing the same thing but i have just started year 12. my question is .... to what extent does the law deal with human rights abuses on a domestic as well as a international level?
i dont really know what to do .... help please

alessandra

HSC
Rogue1987 said:
To Lorie:
I'm thinking about doing mine on religious persecution of Christians by the Laos government, or other governments such as North Korea, China and Malaysia. This violates Article 18 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) that says everyone has the right to "Freedom of religious belief...." and then go on about ...

Local, probably Australia's Detention Centres for Asylum Seekers.
did you do this case and if so where did u get the information. it sounds really interesting i was just thinking about doing it for my legal ass. thanks

HSC
N/A
For human rights case just go to amnesty international and look for one, well esp for intenational anyways, every article is bascially discussing infrigments of human rights/ rule of law around the world..

pick one and analyse :p

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Im thinking of china

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)