HUMAN RIGHTS Possible Short Answer Question (1 Viewer)

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
What do you guys think the short answers might be?

I'm thinking.
Evaluate the effectiveness of international measures in promoting and enforcing human rights (8 Marks)
Discuss arguments for and against bill of rights (4 Marks)

SXCBEAST

HSC
1) Development of HR over time
2) How Domestic and international measures can enforce HR?
3) Arguments for or against a bill of rights
4) Legal and/or non-legal measures in response to contemporary issue?
of course these will have "effectiveness and assess etc."

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Define state sovereignty. (2 marks)

With reference to ONE example, explain how law reform has assisted in protecting human rights (5 marks)

How effective have non-legal responses been in addressing ONE contemporary human rights issue (8 marks)

I can't see them not asking about a contemporary issue for the 8 marker. They specifically put it into the new syllabus, they'd definitely want to test it!

KGZ9

HSC
Define self-determination (2marks)
dunno about the 5 marker
The 8 marker is definitely a contemporary issue. Evaluate the effectiveness of the legal response/non legal responses with reference to ONE contemporary issue.

HSC
Uni Grad
The first two markers could be:

Define (2 marks):
- Fascism
- natural law
- positivism
- self determination
- suffrage

- state
- state sovereignty

Then other questions could possibly be:

Explain the difference between
- a hard law and a soft law
- exclusive and residual powers

If there is a 5 marker, I reckon it would be about something in either the development of human rights, or the promotion and enforcement of these rights. ie they could ask about A Charter of Rights for Australia.

8 markers would most likely ask for a contemporary issue, so if you have anything in your options you can use that. :p

uirate

HSC

Define (2 marks):
- Fascism
- natural law
- positivism
- self determination
- suffrage

- state
- state sovereignty

If there is a 5 marker, I reckon it would be about something in either the development of human rights, or the promotion and enforcement of these rights. ie they could ask about A Charter of Rights for Australia.

8 markers would most likely ask for a contemporary issue, so if you have anything in your options you can use that. :p
I do not think they will be so specific so as to ask "Define positivism."

I rekon the 2 markers will be more on like the characteristics of human rights (inherent, indivisible e.t.c.) or state sovereignty

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad

Define (2 marks):
- Fascism
- natural law
- positivism
- self determination
- suffrage

- state
- state sovereignty

Are Fascism and natural law even in the syllabus?

I think the 2 marker could be:

List TWO formal statements of human rights (2 marks)
Definitions: State sovereignty, human rights, division of powers, separation of powers. It is very limited what they can ask here

4-5 markers:

Assess the role of state sovereignty in promoting and enforcing human rights (5 marks)
With reference to ONE example, explain how law reform has assisted in protecting human rights (5 marks)
With reference to ONE example, explain the contribution of formal statements of human rights to the development of human rights (6 marks)
Outline how human rights are incorporated into Australian domestic law (5 marks)
Discuss the arguments for and against a Charter of Rights for Australia (5 marks)

Possible 8-9 markers:

- Evaluate the effectiveness of Australian responses in promoting and enforcing human rights
- Evaluate the effectiveness of international responses in promoting and enforcing human rights
- How effective have non-legal responses been in addressing ONE contemporary human rights issue
-How effective have legal responses been in addressing ONE contemporary human rights issue
- Evaluate the effectiveness of domestic legal and non-legal responses in addressing ONE contemporary human rights issue
- Evaluate the effectiveness of international legal and non-legal responses in addressing ONE contemporary human rights issue

HSC
Uni Grad
Are Fascism and natural law even in the syllabus?

I think the 2 marker could be:

List TWO formal statements of human rights (2 marks)
Definitions: State sovereignty, human rights, division of powers, separation of powers. It is very limited what they can ask here

4-5 markers:

Assess the role of state sovereignty in promoting and enforcing human rights (5 marks)
With reference to ONE example, explain the contribution of formal statements of human rights to the development of human rights (6 marks)
Outline how human rights are incorporated into Australian domestic law (5 marks)
Discuss the arguments for and against a Charter of Rights for Australia (5 marks)

Possible 8-9 markers:

- Evaluate the effectiveness of Australian responses in promoting and enforcing human rights
- Evaluate the effectiveness of international responses in promoting and enforcing human rights
- How effective have non-legal responses been in addressing ONE contemporary human rights issue
-How effective have legal responses been in addressing ONE contemporary human rights issue
- Evaluate the effectiveness of domestic legal and non-legal responses in addressing ONE contemporary human rights issue
- Evaluate the effectiveness of international legal and non-legal responses in addressing ONE contemporary human rights issue
Yes, natural law and fascism are in the syllabus. But just make sure you know those definitions. I doubt you'll have to explain much about them other than defining those terms.

acemusic415

HSC
Yes, natural law and fascism are in the syllabus. But just make sure you know those definitions. I doubt you'll have to explain much about them other than defining those terms.
I do not recall learning natural law and fascism in the Year 12 syllabus.

HSC
Uni Grad
I do not recall learning natural law and fascism in the Year 12 syllabus.
I learned about it. If you have the cambridge textbook (2nd edition), go and learn it quickly. They can test it if they want to. Natural law is in the definition of human rights section of the syllabus.

I just checked again, it's a very small part of the human rights section. It'll be worthwhile reading it though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)