Humour in answers? (1 Viewer)

necessarahli

HSC
This is just a random thing i thought of today...how do you think markers respond to humour? Like I was thinking of a response to a Med Phys question which was to justify the claim: 'Have a CAT scan - live longer', and in my head I was thinking it's inaccurate because you'd probably have a heart attack and die after getting the medical bill lol

How do u reckon bostes would react if you said shit like that, like you had a legitimate, solid response but then you threw something funny in - do you think they'd lol and move on, or be like wtf this person isn't taking this exam seriously here have a 0'

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC
This is just a random thing i thought of today...how do you think markers respond to humour? Like I was thinking of a response to a Med Phys question which was to justify the claim: 'Have a CAT scan - live longer', and in my head I was thinking it's inaccurate because you'd probably have a heart attack and die after getting the medical bill lol

How do u reckon bostes would react if you said shit like that, like you had a legitimate, solid response but then you threw something funny in - do you think they'd lol and move on, or be like wtf this person isn't taking this exam seriously here have a 0'
You: Let me add this in bc im a joker haha
Marker: Think you're funny aye? We'll see who's laughing when you receive your atar, 27059384.

sy37

HSC
I write heaps of jokes in my answers

For the general maths HSC I wrote definitely vodafone rates when calculating the speed of this download thing

In my chem trials I didn't know this question so I just crossed out some words, reworded it, changed the marking scheme and answered it. Teacher was not impressed.

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC

For the general maths HSC I wrote definitely vodafone rates when calculating the speed of this download thing

In my chem trials I didn't know this question so I just crossed out some words, reworded it, changed the marking scheme and answered it. Teacher was not impressed.
bro you're sooo funny hahahahahaha i wish i could be like you one day. teach me senpai sy37.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

bro you're sooo funny hahahahahaha i wish i could be like you one day. teach me senpai sy37.
https://www.tafensw.edu.au/courses/get-started-at-tafe-nsw/how-to-enrol

Mr_Kap

HSC
i know someone that wrote in chemistry trial last year in the question to talk about the changing theories of acids and bases:
The acids and bases song:

"Acids and bases have
two different faces,
Two different personalities,
And you gotta find out
what they're all about,
If you want to learn chemistry."

Flop21

HSC

What? Don't we live in Australia where that's free?

I suppose it'd be more accurate that a CAT scan exposes the body to radiation thus increasing the chance of mutation within the body, thus increasing the chances of dying from leukemia.

But that's not really funny, I would stick with taking it seriously lol this is the HSC.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I remember receiving my chem trials and looking through one of my responses about diminishing natural resources

I mentioned guano and I subconsciously put "bat shit" in brackets (I honestly don't remember even thinking about it that way and if I did I wouldv'e written bat faeces) - The marker drew an arrow calling it inappropriate but I wasn't deducted any marks haha

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If it is clearly accidental humour - and that happens quite a lot - I have some beauties I have read over the years - then we have a chuckle and move on.

Deliberate could lead to a decision of a 'non-serious attempt' and thus a zero. Who decides on whether the humour is 'non-serious' would be the BOSTES not the actual marker or within the marking centre as such. It would be sent higher than simply the SOM.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
Agreed.
"Supervisors of marking will bring to the attention of the BOSTES examination answers that contain frivolous or objectionable material."

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
If it is clearly accidental humour - and that happens quite a lot - I have some beauties I have read over the years - then we have a chuckle and move on.

Deliberate could lead to a decision of a 'non-serious attempt' and thus a zero. Who decides on whether the humour is 'non-serious' would be the BOSTES not the actual marker or within the marking centre as such. It would be sent higher than simply the SOM.

Are you a hsc marker? give me a couple extra marks thanks

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I have been an HSC marker since 1992 but this year I didn't apply and I am looking forward to having November to myself for the first time since the early 90s - being able to actually do things at home at night will be almost like the holidays are starting early for me this year.

necessarahli

HSC
Holy crap, I had no idea. Hahah looks like it's back to the generic 'ionising radiation is badé :'('

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)