[Hurstville Area] Private Tutor/Tutoring College Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

INnoVation

HSC
Hello

I'm in year 11 and I'm wondering if anyone here can give me some information on certain tutoring centers in the Hurstville area which are pretty good for subjects such as:

-Mathematics
-3U Mathematics
-Advanced English
-Physics

I wish you could share some personal stories or experiences and reasons as to why they are good.

Last edited:

Verify

HSC
Maths - Dr Du/Talent 100
English - The Brain
Physics - Talent 100

nightweaver066

HSC
Maths - Harry's Education Centre
Physics - SIGI Learners
English - The Brain

Capo

HSC
Physics: SIGI- Experienced Physics teacher + plenty of work
English: The Brain: Plenty of past papers from pretty much every well-known school in the state
Maths: Dr.Du: If 12 pages of work/week isn't enough for you I seriously don't know what is

GL Dan ;)

nba2k77

HSC
I strongly suggest to try out Information Exchange. The guy in there can really help you. Last time I called Dr Du and got rejected because he said "You are too far behind". The problem is he teaches stuff so fast that some guy finish half of yr 12 when only doing term 4 of yr 11 in school. Someone may find that good but I personally dislike that. Not sure if he gives revision for school exams or not but Information Exchange doesn't push students to learn far ahead. They also give us revisions for school tests. and the best part is the facility there is awesome. I think its free for 1st lesson btw http://www.informationexchange.com.au/

ixeduau

HSC
Not sure who you are... but thanks nba2k77.

I think maths tutor Mark at Information Exchange is "a best kept secret" for his students. He is a real maths teacher by day, has encylopaedic knowledge of all the work including extension 2 maths, and because he wrote all the notes himself: can quickly print out any special notes or teach any content for individual students if they are behind or ahead.. and will see anyone who can get to him outside of class. He also knows a bit about HSC marking :)

In the interest of disclosure I am his brother.. but seriously I don't know why you wouldn't visit for a free trial.

Three of his students topped their class tests this year too :)

Peter from www.informationexchange.com.au

kennyphwark

HSC
Maths, I recommend doing private. Unless you're self motivated, privates are much more efficient than class. I'm hopeless at math and had one of my older sisters friends tutor me, saw my marks rocket from when I was at Du.

Did English and Sciences at the Brain. Looking at Band 6s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)