'Husband-beating' on the rise (1 Viewer)

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
It's been revealed that women are becoming more violent towards their partners.
Figures from the NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics show the number of women charged with domestic violence-related assault has increased dramatically.
The figures show 2,336 women faced court on charges of domestic violence in 2007, mainly for bashing their husbands, compared with just 818 in 1999.
News Ltd says men's groups say they're happy that police are finally taking men seriously, but it's still hard for husbands to admit they've been attacked by their wives.
Research shows women tend to use guns, knives, boiling liquids and irons to attack their partners.
The increase in violence, which is often fuelled by alcohol, has sparked calls for refuges for men.
Assistant Commissioner Mark Murdoch says there's no definitive explanation for the increasing number of women being prosecuted for domestic violence offences.
'Husband-beating' on the rise

Irons... hahaha... can you imagine! I don't think there is a rise, I think that 1. people are just reporting it more and 2. the police are taking it more seriously.

From my experience the women I have known have been more violent. My dad has never laid a finger on me (apart from a few spankings when I was like 5 years old :p), but my mom would always try to lay into me with everything she had whenever she really lost it and I've heard similar stories from a lot of my friends.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
This is the revenge of the feminists.
For they seek retribution from unconditionally making sandwiches for their male partner.
On the television there should now be ads that says 'Violence against men is a crime', the women already showed their version.

The increase in violence, which is often fuelled by alcohol
lolwut
Man or woman can get pissed and chuck a shit.

HSC
N/A
very serious business

i for one would like to see a version of judge judy where the man speaks to women with the same level of contempt that she shows towards men!!!

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
This is the revenge of the feminists.
For they seek retribution from unconditionally making sandwiches for their male partner.
On the television there should now be ads that says 'Violence against men is a crime', the women already showed their version.

lolwut
Man or woman can get pissed and chuck a shit.
I would argue that the difference is social, a huge part of a males education while growing up is about controlling your violent impulses, that its not ok to just lash out in anger, that even when violence is necessary you should still be in control and not just go crazy. Women get none of this at all, they are taught growing up that its ok to be emotional, its ok to let your emotions control your actions, its ok to cry and scream to try and get your own way.

Imo most behavioural differences between males and females can come down to social expectations and how we were raised to behave.

Also this:
1. people are just reporting it more and 2. the police are taking it more seriously
Just like how we saw a supposed rise in sexual assault, the thing is the cases of actual rape were always that high, it was just severely under reported and the police didnt consider a husband raping his wife as a crime.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Would just like to clarify that I don't think women are more violent than men - I am just arguing that they are equally as violent, it is just less scrutinised and that perhaps they are less obvious about it than men are.

I also think violence against women is completely fucked up, so even I'm a bit biased, if a woman hits a man I'm like "he'll be right," but hitting chicks is just not done. I've never hit a woman before in anger or with malice and I hope I never do.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
I beat my man black and blue

every

single

day

quik.

HSC
Eh

If a guy says something and a girl slaps/hits him (arm or wherever) its just cute, if a girl says something and the dude gives a slap the girl would put on the waterworks and the dude would prob get jumped olol

Different social stigma and all that

Still think this line applies: I'd never hit a lady but a lady would never hit me

If a chick comes at me with something I'm sure as shit gonna drop her and give her a stern talking to, maybe even a light spanking to drive the message home

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Eh

If a guy says something and a girl slaps/hits him (arm or wherever) its just cute, if a girl says something and the dude gives a slap the girl would put on the waterworks and the dude would prob get jumped olol

Different social stigma and all that

Still think this line applies: I'd never hit a lady but a lady would never hit me

If a chick comes at me with something I'm sure as shit gonna drop her and give her a stern talking to, maybe even a light spanking to drive the message home
Yeah that happens all the time.

One of my uncles friends, really good bloke but his girlfriend was nuts. She liked having fights in public and then hitting him and attacking him, then white knight fags would come in to "protect" her and tell HIM to back off....like fuck, what a shitty thing to do to someone. I would just feel like smacking that white knight fag to teach him to stay out of peoples business, and then her for being a manipulative whore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)