Hybrid mediums / Tutors (1 Viewer)

cuzz00

HSC
I was talking to my english teacher last week about my critical response and i brought up the point that im really really bad with word limits, soo i posed the question;
"Can i do a critical response and place/reshape it so that it works as multimedia presentation?" and under what classification it would be marked?

is this allowed?

aaannnddd, is any1 getting an english tutor to like help them to like keep on sum sort of schedule(actually start) their mw??

i was just comtemplating it because im one of the worst procrastonators ever.. lol.

kthxbambi

HSC
im pretty sure it would be marked as a multimedia
a girl at my school wrote a short story but encorperated poetry to the extent that it was marked as poetry, and since it wasnt good poetry (under the poetry criteria) she failed EE2

HSC
Types of multimedia presented by candidates were few in number and included websites, narratives and PowerPoint presentations. A limited number of concepts was explored and with narratives there was little attempt to do other than present a short story or poem on a CD-ROM accompanied by appropriate illustrations.
EE2 2006 Marking Centre Notes

The same could possibly be said for a critical response; i guess you could disguise the clitical response as an exploration of a particular concept. But imo i wouldn't.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
hang on a sec

the main problem in the marking centres in this category is that people aren't showing enough media awareness.

one thing you are marked on - you are aware of the form you are using to shape meaning. this has to be clearly evident in your major work.

e.g in your reflection statement "I used 3D graphics positioned in such a way to convey THIS about my overall concept"

critical response you could adapt into a website. but then you have to say your audience is acadamic and you really have to adapt the language into feature article style.

if you plan on doing an analytical-type arrangement, just stick with the tight word limit and go with it.

I hate word limits too - my website ended up being 18,000 words. Then I had to explain why these words' meaning were significantly deepened by the form I chose (website).

i wish to god that I had not done a website...

bad times. 4AM finishes... right through trials... lol

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Just on word limits. There is an easy way to cut the words.

1. Anything that has "ly" at the end of it, can probably get cut. Adverbs are considered poor writing technique.
2. Ask yourself if you are telling much about the action. Is some of it implied and could you leave it out. eg. He walked across the room to stare out the window. --> Leaning on the window frame, he stared through the glass. (Not a good example, but I hope you get what I mean.
3. MSWord has a great function called "Summary". If you have a word limit of 10 000 words and you have 18 000 words, then you type in that you want to keep, say, 75% and it works out what could possibly go. Then you manually remove or keep what it suggests.
4. Remove a character - that will reduce the words a lot.

Hope that helps.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
on this note I feel I have a rather different sentiment to my original post

they gave me 50/50 for my website

so go with ittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt if you can demonstrate that media-awareness

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)