I accidentally wrote a reflection for MOD C (1 Viewer)

t0234

HSC
N/A
Do you need to include a title for adv English mod C even though its continuing the extract, I did but idk if we were meant to :/

99.96ATAR

HSC
Okay, so I wrote a 3 page imaginative that I thought answered the question relatively well but I then didnt realise and wrote a 2 page reflection.
I am a band 6 student with a current average of 97.... how badly have I botched this??? :(
How does a band 6 student write 5 pages for a module haha

jojosiwa123

HSC
Thanks everyone - looking back on my stress post I know its a bit immature to complain when Im sure other people are in worse positions. I just felt so idiotic after messing up that Mod C question... I hope everyone else is happy with their result
I was really surprised to read ur question bc one of my friends did this EXACT thing hahaha... I think this is going to be a common thing markers will see this year tbh since a lot of us expected the reflection and everyones rushing. I think they’ll just disregard the reflection as others have said, don’t worry about it you aren’t the only one!

jojosiwa123

HSC
Do you need to include a title for adv English mod C even though its continuing the extract, I did but idk if we were meant to :/
my teachers have always recommended a title as it makes it much easier to talk about in a reflection for example, so im sure it’s absolutely fine if you did!

jenii14

HSC
N/A
Ya'll some people in my class thought imaginative was the same as creative so they wrote a discursive writing. What would happen to that?

mrlouis1

HSC
Hi guys, I would like a bit of feedback cause I'm a little deflated after the exam today

I got 94.35 as my internal average for Advanced English and ranked first in my cohort. I smashed paper 1 - might lose a couple of marks

However today; I smashed Mod A writing 6.5 pages (confident for 20 or 19), did decent in Mod B Eliot (5.5 pages, but question was a bit ambiguous) - expecting a 16 but for Mod C...

I thought the exam ENDED till 12 until I found out I had 16 mins to spare before 1130 so I rushed a creative. I ended up writing 3 and a bit pages but I didn't directly follow on from the quote (used it as stimulus) and didn't address it throughout the piece - used it as a plot twist at the end and my writing wasn't that legible. I had a prepared response so I know the content is decent but am honestly thinking I will score low C (12ish)

Considering the above, is it still possible for me to squeeze a band 6 overall??

I'd love your insight
Cheers

Slippy5

HSC
Hi guys, I would like a bit of feedback cause I'm a little deflated after the exam today

I got 94.35 as my internal average for Advanced English and ranked first in my cohort. I smashed paper 1 - might lose a couple of marks

However today; I smashed Mod A writing 6.5 pages (confident for 20 or 19), did decent in Mod B Eliot (5.5 pages, but question was a bit ambiguous) - expecting a 16 but for Mod C...

I thought the exam ENDED till 12 until I found out I had 16 mins to spare before 1130 so I rushed a creative. I ended up writing 3 and a bit pages but I didn't directly follow on from the quote (used it as stimulus) and didn't address it throughout the piece - used it as a plot twist at the end and my writing wasn't that legible. I had a prepared response so I know the content is decent but am honestly thinking I will score low C (12ish)

Considering the above, is it still possible for me to squeeze a band 6 overall??

I'd love your insight
Cheers
As you saw in my post - I have had a pretty similar experience man. I think its entirely possible for you to still get a Band 6 factoring in scaling and your rank within the cohort. Like other people have suggested for me, the best thing to do now is to move on and just keep working for your other subjects.

Best of luck man I believe in you.

jojosiwa123

HSC
As you saw in my post - I have had a pretty similar experience man. I think its entirely possible for you to still get a Band 6 factoring in scaling and your rank within the cohort. Like other people have suggested for me, the best thing to do now is to move on and just keep working for your other subjects.

agree. we really don’t know how they’re going to mark it, hopefully they’re lenient since it’s a creative, everyone has a different approach to it.

mrlouis1

HSC

Yeah ik, just hard to do so... I always brew and stew over these mattes
Good luck for you too bro

pinku bhaya

HSC
guys my hsc supervisor was like “is that all you sure satisfied with that” when i said i had no extra booklets and now i’m worried i didn’t write enough lol

shashysha

HSC
guys my hsc supervisor was like “is that all you sure satisfied with that” when i said i had no extra booklets and now i’m worried i didn’t write enough lol
wasn't it a 7 page booklet for each module i think 7 pages is more than enough

Slippy5

HSC
Depends on your handwriting. When I write condensed I can write 1000 in 5 pages with 10-11 words a line and today I wrote 1000 in 7 pages less condensed for Mod A and B....

jojosiwa123

HSC
WTF LMFAO that’s so mean 😆
don’t worry it’s fine most exemplar responses on the NESA website were 7-8 pages... meaning 1 booklet was used

Xanthi

HSC
WTF LMFAO that’s so mean 😆
don’t worry it’s fine most exemplar responses on the NESA website were 7-8 pages... meaning 1 booklet was used
Exemplar responses are not on nesa website?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)