I accidentally wrote a reflection for MOD C (1 Viewer)

jojosiwa123

HSC
he means the ones that they give for band 5-6 as examples on the website somewhere.
decent, but definitely not the best.
yup I mean those but also the ones in the exemplar booklet thing I cant remember what it’s fking called. the ones I read at least (1984, ts eliot and temp/hagseed) were 7-8 pgs

Xanthi

HSC
yup I mean those but also the ones in the exemplar booklet thing I cant remember what it’s fking called. the ones I read at least (1984, ts eliot and temp/hagseed) were 7-8 pgs
Ah I see, probably the exam workbook.

7-8 sounds about right. I think a little less is alright for mod C though.

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
I think the 6 and 5 are mixed up. 8 pages of quality content get you a band 6. 6 pages gets you a 5
I disagree. No matter the pages, it's the QUALITY that matters. Just because someone writes 20 pages, it doesn't mean they're guaranteed a band 6. The response is what actually matters. And also, if this was the case, then NESA would have guidelines with the bands associated, but they don't and they actually encourage precise and concise writing.

99.96ATAR

HSC
The amount of times everyone has emphasised quality > quantity is insane. It's ridiculous how some people have nothing to do, so they just get on here and make students paranoid.
Exactly 8 pages of quality content is what gets a band 6. any less is a 5 or less

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
Exactly 8 pages of quality content is what gets a band 6. any less is a 5 or less
No, NESA doesn't specify that therefore the claims are not true. If you look at student samples on the NESA website, a band 6 response for 3 modules each was 5 pages. You simply can not say a certain amount of pages is insufficient.

When HSC markers receive marking guidelines, it doesn't say "make sure the student's response is above 8 pages to give them a band 6". Also, have a look at the marking guidelines under "In better responses, students were able to", it doesn't say, write more pages, rather things like "consider all aspects of the question in their response". Under "Areas for students to improve", again it doesn't say "write more pages" but rather "analysing rather than describing texts"

Getting a good band is about impressing the marker with what you know, not how much you can write. And listen, it's really not good to keep on thinking that pages equate to certain marks/bands. It's all about knowing your content, so make sure you know your stuff and then just put it down on paper. We've emphasised this so much man, come on. Hope this can change your insight.

thatgaegoth

HSC
F for the wasted time but I know a lot of people where I live made the same mistake apparently

I'm just disappointed it wasn't' a discursive

ashvish7

HSC
I reckon it won't be too much of a big deal since covid and all that too
Yeh hopefully cause they did hit us with a 20 marker imaginative when we vigorously studied our texts and their features for nothin :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)