I am being serious for once. (1 Viewer)

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Seriously, I know there have been similar threads, but re: the whole saying "I love you" thing.

I know there is no set date when you should say it and it varies etc. but from a female perspective, how long does it take before you get fed up with your boyfriend not saying it?

I mean, would you have expected him to say it by a certain point in the relationship?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
It depends on the seriousness of the relationship. If you're just (openly) seeing each other, then I would sincerely hope that the "L" word never comes.

If you're in a serious relationship, no flirting with others, total committment to the one person, well then in my experience, it should come anywhere between 4 and 6 months. I think after 6 months I'd be thinking, "um...hello? are we serious? or just friends who have sex?"

Skeeta

HSC
say it if you feel it. I was with my boyfriend for about 9 months before we said it (although he'd said it in texts etc..)

I mean, its not going to hurt anyone if you say it and you dont mean it. But its just not a very nice thing to do.

edit: it also depends on what you mean when you say "i love you". One of my best male friends reckons he'll only say it when he proposes.. because thats what "love" is. Wanting to spend the rest of your life with someone.

Pace_T

HSC
it depends, has she ever said it to u? like even in a msg or letter or something?
have you ever had a moment where things just suddenly stopped and u could tell she wanted to something such as that, but didnt?
i dont think it'd get her fed up, instead i think she might become insecure about what ur intentions are by going out with her. or maybe she might think ur lacking a bit of confidence to say it?
if she says it first she might start to doubt whether u really meant it, or u just said it coz she did
in the end, u have to try your best to read her like a book. her facial expressions, what she says and the way she say it will tell u way more than what anyone here can.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
You really should say it if u mean it.. it'll come to you when you really feel it, you won't have any doubts about it! =)

It's funny/cute to see yr 9 kids saying "i love you" to their gf/bf after a week. hehe.

anyway..congratz on 6 months! =P

T

trolloutaface

when you're ready, you just blurt it out without realising it

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
never said it, dont think i will for a long long time, maybe never. The people i love allready know it without me having to say it and anyone in the future who i might end up loving should know it aswell. Saying it to a wife is probably a given. To a girlfriend? not so much.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
last time i said it within 5-6 motnhs of dating, broke up the next week.

AAO89

[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]
HSC
Save it until you do something wrong... its power diminishes over time.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
6 months and then u say it?

i have a problem with that because i guess on some level i think love is a test against time

and 6 months isnt just enough- but then again how long is enough? how well do u have to know each other? how impulsive

im against it all!

Evilo

HSC
i said "i love you" a few times, before she cheated on me.

But (bad stories aside) i would say it if i was you. If its what you feel (either positive or negative) then say it :)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
ElGronko said:
...it's our 6 month today...
If you feel it say it. If you don't, don't say it.
I'd get more pissed off if he said it and didn't mean it, rather than not saying it at all.

Has she said it? Does she say it a lot? Every relationship is different. My best friend and her boyfriend said it after 4 months, but they don't say it regularly. Only when they feel it's necessary. On the other hand, my boyfriend and I say it to each other all the time. But we're very mushy lol

alby

cool duckie
HSC
in past relationships we've both said it without really any "real" feelings behind it.
this time round he said it a few weeks after we started going out, i said it back basically caus i thought i should (and he was drunk so i didnt know if he really meant it or not). nowdays (2yrs later) we say it a fair bit, but we've actually grown to have really strong feelings for eachother, and we can tell that we love eachother the same amount (or however you wanna describe it)

as for anyone else, basically say it when you feel it. dont be naieve and say it caus you like their cuddles or something...wait till you feel something strong. hell, you dont even HAVE to say it at all during the relationship if you dont want to...no matter if she's said it or not!
and congrats on the 6mths =)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)